• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What (is)are your New Year's resolution(s)?

Protagonist

As everyone knows, the New Year, the year 2007, is only about three days or so away (depending on where you live). A common practice for the New Year is to create a list of goals (or simply state a single goal) you wish to achieve during said year. My New Year's resolutions are as follows (in no specific order):

• I. Gradually improve my self-esteem and self-confidence (they're critically low).

II. Improve on my artistic skillfulness by drawing more often, on a daily basis.

III. Write at least two chapters for my novel.

IV. Exercise as much as a fifteen year old can.

So, as the title inquires, what (is)are your New Year's resolution(s) that you hope to achieve?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

- Hope to get past my first year in college.

- Hope to earn! my 6th and after that 5th kyu grade in Shotokan.

- Become more flexible, being able to do front/side splits.

Tom

Train harder!

Currently: 7th kyu, yellow belt

I don't really have any. Be sure to make time to play video games, spend time with family, etc. I guess. :)

My resolutions are:

1. Get my blue belt.

2. Break a board without breaking my hand.

3. Get more aggressive.

4. Get better grades in school.

5. Find a job, cuz-- I need money! I'm tired of being a poor, broke college student.

If you're not laughin', you're not livin'!--Carlos Mencia

--Laugh every day.

--Never let my wife and son go to sleep without telling them I love them.

--Eat copious amounts of dark chocolate to balance out all the asparagus and cauliflower my wife forces me to eat.

--Spend less time on the computer, and more time playing Monopoly and Battleship with my son.

--Buy a better car. I'm taking the current one off life support.

--Have more "date nights" with Mrs. Sohan.

--Put those blinders back on that I had when I was 20 and rediscover that youthful resiliancy and fearlessness that we seem to grow out of over the years.

--Laugh every day.

--Learn to love those danged annoying cats as much as I do dogs.

--Gain exposure to a martial art that has little practical application to kicking someone's butt, but is a fun and healthy way to train.

--Watch less UFC, and spend more time reading essays from Emerson and Thoreau.

--Write at least one original song and perform it at the local open mike night.

--Put together a 3 minute comedy act and do it at open mike night. Even if I stink.

--Laugh every day.

--Relearn Italian and write a poem in the language.

--Spend some time gaining a modest proficiency in a language few people use, and surprise a native speaker with some basic usage of it.

--Spend at least one week at my tiny condo in Manzanillo, Mexico, doing nothing but drinking margaritas, working on my unhealthy tan, and sailing with my wife and son.

--Wear out the tires on my mountain bike.

--Laugh every day.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

2) To be training in a dedicated and commited fashion in the martial arts ...

Same here. I haven't done any training (regularly) since June (other than here and there at a couple of dojangs trying them out). I need to get back into it. But I believe my new instructor can do that for me (kick me in the rear-end to do so, that is). I know her, so she can help with that.

And I would like to get better at snowboarding, also (if we ever get snow .... gggrrrrr).

Laurie F