• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wake Up: Alarm or Naturally?

Patrick

I wonder why the snooze button exists..... It is a great mistake....

I know why, at least my wife says it exist to annoy her. I'll set the alarm for 4AM and hit the slooze at least 3 times. Each time my wife says that she wakes up and can't get back to sleep.

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder why the snooze button exists..... It is a great mistake....

I know why, at least my wife says it exist to annoy her. I'll set the alarm for 4AM and hit the slooze at least 3 times. Each time my wife says that she wakes up and can't get back to sleep.

I'm the same way. My wife, however, can sleep through the alarm!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I will wake up to anything that is loud and I can be ready to go within two minutes (I blame my dads Air Force training) it wasn't fun in college for me when I was just getting to bed and had just fallen asleep when the evil fire alarm hit me causing me to fall out of my bunk bed and hit the floor. That'll just about wake anyone up.

I have ninja monkies in my brain and they are using it as a trampaline.

I have the rocking-est alarm clock in the world that I wake up to on weekdays! It has two alarms and the way that they wake you up is, initially, a very soft and quiet beeping that I can barely hear when I'm awake, then it gradually gets louder. I keep it right by my bed, so it wakes me up before my fiance, and really cuts down on the tiredness, since our bodies are designed to wake up more gradually. People feel better rested if the have the same number of hours of sleep, but sleep later, I think, because the light and outside noises bring you slowly to a little awake before that blasted alarm goes off :)

I usually wake up about an hour later on weekends, but that is because I don't use an alarm.

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu

I have the rocking-est alarm clock in the world that I wake up to on weekdays! It has two alarms and the way that they wake you up is, initially, a very soft and quiet beeping that I can barely hear when I'm awake, then it gradually gets louder.

I used to have an alarm clock like that, and I loved it. When I wake up to the other ones, it is like I have been jolted awake, and my heart gets to racing.

Now, I usually wake up to music, so it isn't so bad.

I keep it right by my bed, so it wakes me up before my fiance, and really cuts down on the tiredness, since our bodies are designed to wake up more gradually.

That's really interesting... Where would you find something like that?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Walmart :)

-Lao Tzu

Yeh, it's an old model (a couple years ago- cks1862), but this one seems to be the new version- though I don't see anything about the soft to loud alarm, so I'd check around to be sure first.

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html?ie=UTF8&frombrowse=1&asin=B0000UL306

http://www.amazon.com/Emerson-Research-Dual-Alarm-Automatic-CKS3029/dp/B0002DG130

-Lao Tzu