• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

playing pattern

what is in your mind when you are playing pattern? are u thinking something or only just look at what u are looking at?

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

Jook-Am blackbelt 2nd dan pattern

GTF Taekwondo

Chinese Kick Boxing Junior Learner

https://www.sonkal.cz

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Are you talking about doing forms? I tend to think about body mechanics, about how it feels to be in certain stances, etc, so that I can become comfortable with how the flow of the form feels. I don't need this level of concentration once I've gotten comfortable with a form, which allows me to later on focus on the small issues, versus the form in general.

what goes around, comes around

which part you focus in forms more? ability(strengths....muslces...etc) or skill(techniques....movement...)? do u think playing form is near to the real fighting or just a perform of styles, movement..etc?

Jumping kicks must have a reason, to cover distance, or to take down a mounted opponent.

GTF Taekwondo

When I am in practice mode, I focus on stances, technique, targets, etc. When I am in testing or competition mode, I just let it go. Put my power into it, let it fly, but still keep my timing and breathing. I focus, and almost get angry.

what is in your mind when you are playing pattern? are u thinking something or only just look at what u are looking at?

No matter it be forms, sparring, breaking, or basic techniques, my best performance comes when there's nothing on my mind at all.

TANG SOO!

do you prefer the form play in competition style or in free style(the style u like)

GTF Taekwondo

do you prefer the form play in competition style or in free style(the style u like)

I like to compete with forms. I always have. I have never been all that great at sparring, but when it came to forms, I always had a pretty good one. I am not the most flexible person, nor am I the fastest person. However, I like to break down the techniques, and putting a nice form together, with power. I love to do forms competition.

• 3 weeks later...

I like to compete with forms. I always have. I have never been all that great at sparring, but when it came to forms, I always had a pretty good one. I am not the most flexible person, nor am I the fastest person. However, I like to break down the techniques, and putting a nice form together, with power. I love to do forms competition.

Same here. I enjoy competition sparring, but my strength is definately forms. I love practising forms and would spend all day going though a particular pattern or kata if I could!!

I had to have surgery on my hand a couple of months ago and the hardest thing for me about not being able to train has been not being able to practice my forms. I have been training in just the foot (leg) movements, but it's not the same as being able to do the whole thing!!

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Same here. I enjoy competition sparring, but my strength is definately forms. I love practising forms and would spend all day going though a particular pattern or kata if I could!!

I had to have surgery on my hand a couple of months ago and the hardest thing for me about not being able to train has been not being able to practice my forms. I have been training in just the foot (leg) movements, but it's not the same as being able to do the whole thing!!

No, it is not quite the same, is it! You would think that it wouldn't be too hard to adapt, but it can really nab you.

Sorry to hear about your hand. I hope it gets better soon.

What forms system do you practice? I have done the ATA forms in the past, which I really liked. I do the Ch'ang On system now. I enjoy it as well.

Just as a suggestion, you may want to break your form into segments, and work on it that way, until you get back to 100%. That way, you can work a shorter segment at a higher work rate, and still get a good workout.