• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Defending against a female assailant

if i were a woman out to attack you and you restrained me, i would yell "rape" and "abuse" until someone intervened, and i assure you it wouldn't end very pretty for you.

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if thats the only way to clam the situation down , then i would do it and then explain myself later.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

if i were a woman out to attack you and you restrained me, i would yell "rape" and "abuse" until someone intervened, and i assure you it wouldn't end very pretty for you.

Probably wouldn't unless there were other people there who saw things as they really happened.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

well, to that end, if you can confidently end a conflict by restraining somebody until the whole thing blows over, isn't that how you should end every conflict?

"I hear you can kill 200 men and play a mean six string at the same time..."-Six String Samurai

Yes thats right , and it would be great if that was the way we all could end every conflict, but unfortuentlly sometimes you need a little more punch. lol

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

I've noticed several of you dear men saying you'll restrain her. What if you can't? What if she fights better than you?

As a woman, I hate to be treated differently than the guys. If you won't hit me, then I'll sure hit you. Maybe I'm just odd....I think people with the intent to harm are people with the intent to harm, male, female, alien, whatever, and you need to stop them long enough to get away and call the police.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

lol good point , well if she does fight better than me , then i guess i will have to treat it like a real fight. If she wants a real fight then she will get one.

I've noticed several of you dear men saying you'll restrain her. What if you can't? What if she fights better than you?

As a woman, I hate to be treated differently than the guys. If you won't hit me, then I'll sure hit you. Maybe I'm just odd....I think people with the intent to harm are people with the intent to harm, male, female, alien, whatever, and you need to stop them long enough to get away and call the police.

I think it is important for women to train with men and experience full resistance training with them. There are A LOT of guys out there who won't hesitate to hit a girl, and they won't hold back and you need to prepare for that.

Nevertheless, if some girl starts beating on you and you turn around and punch her in the face- doesn't matter who started it, no court is going to side with you unless she tried to stab you with a knife or something along those lines. Plus I have a no girl hitting policy outside of training :oops:

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

I agree with you quote here. I am not going to be waiting around to see how good the girl is before deciding how much force I need to use to put her down. It may sound rough, but I am not going to get punched on by anyone.

Nevertheless, if some girl starts beating on you and you turn around and punch her in the face- doesn't matter who started it, no court is going to side with you unless she tried to stab you with a knife or something along those lines.

NightOwl,

That just reminds me of something my training partner said. "If you fight a girl there are two ways to come out of it. You either win, and you beat up a girl. Or, you lost and got your butt kicked by a girl. Which do you want to do?"

Saddly though, your spot on about the legal system. If you don't have stab wounds, your in a world of hurt without a room for of judges and nuns as witnesses to her attacking you first. Even then, it's dicey.

Kisshu fushin, Oni te hotoke kokoro. A demon's hand, a saint's heart. -- Osensei Shoshin Nagamine