• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Song of Ice and Fire

A_Train

Hmmm you brought this up.

I am currently reading the books for my 5th time I believe, although it may be sixth.

I am in the final chapters of A Clash of Kings.

It's amazing in the re-reads how many characters that become more significant in the later novels were mentioned in the first two. I'm eagerly awaiting the next installment, but it's probably a good distance off, hopefully in the spring at the latest.

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I guess I should start to re-read them. If it gets better the second time, I will really enjoy it! There was a lot going on, so a refresher should be a good idea.

When is the next installment due out?

The author has not yet finished it. He is having problems wrapping up storylines I think. It is getting frustrating, ad I think he intended to be done this book within a year of the previous installment (due to the fact that they were originally intended to be one book).

I was thinking about reading these. So is this series of books still going? Or does it go across multiple series?

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

The author has not yet finished it. He is having problems wrapping up storylines I think. It is getting frustrating, ad I think he intended to be done this book within a year of the previous installment (due to the fact that they were originally intended to be one book).

I am sure it will be worth the wait, though.

I kind of look forward to a reunion between Jaime and Tyrion. I wonder how that will go. And it appeared that perhaps Jaime had cut his ties with his sister? I also anticipate the new and improved "Mountain that Rides."

I'm not positive Jaime will have a face to face reunion with his brother. I do imagine they will be on opposing sides of an army soon enough.

The Mountain That Rides will likely be Cersei's defender in the trial by combat, providing they don't force her to use one of the kings guard.

It'll be interesting to see what's going on beyond the wall as well, as I'm pretty sure that may make the rest of the wars in the 7 kingdoms look insignificant soon.

I agree with what you say beyond the Wall. Between that and the dragons, everything is going to get interesting.

As for the wall, I don't like the fact that Stannis is there. I just have a funny feeling about everything going on there. I think his time is almost up.

As for Jon, I hope his story continues to grow, and engulf even more of the Seven Kingdoms.

The Mountain is going to look different, too, I think.

Samwell's story should get interesting as well.

Ok, I am going to begin reading the books again, and in the process, drop a synopsis of the chapters along the way, to help me keep track of key events.

A Game of Thrones; Prologue

We meet 3 men of the Night's Watch, ranging beyond the Wall, searching for a band of Wildlings. Led by Ser Raymar Royce, a yound lordling just 6 months on, and Will, a hunter, 4 years on, along with master-at-arms Gared, a 40 year veteran, who seems to have seen a winter prior to this one.

The night is coming on, and the two vets are worried. They have found a camp, but all appear dead. Will thinks they have frozen, but they appear to have passed from other causes. Upon further inspection, the camp members are gone, but a weapon remains.

Then, we get our first glimpse of the Others. Will and Gared seemed to have feared the worst, and get it. Young Royce is killed in combat with the Others, after failing to successfully duel one. In the fight, his high quality sword is broken, dusted. The Others appear to depart. When they came, extreme cold seemed to follow. They weild a strange sort of crystal blade. Watching the massacre from a tree, Will climbs down to collect a broken sword piece and return to the Wall. However, he looks up to see Ser Waymar Royce standing over him....

I think this may be a good idea for helping you keep track, even after reading the books multiple times I still get some characters mixed up, like those damn Kettlebacks!

The funny thing is, the first tiem I read thhese books, I pretty much forgot about this prolgue until my second read. The books start with a big fantasy feel, an then quickly drop into a more realistic medevil/political setting. It does make for a good opener though.