• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

A Song of Ice and Fire

A_Train

Yeah, there is no way the min series can possibly live up to the high expectations the books build, so many charactes wil have to become much more minor, and it will be difficult to capture how the characters are feeling, as so much of the books contain the thoughts of the characters.

I don't know what it is about Dany that I dislike, I think its because she is so full of herself and her nobility. Also she views people like Ned Stark as enemies, and Ned was one of my favorite characters. Having said that, she has grown on me a little bit, especially since I have grown a little more fond of her family; The Targaryeans are portrayed rather poorly in he series, but if you read the Hedge Night prequels, you can get a better feel that the Targaryean dynasty wasnt always so evil.

I fully expect Jon to give up the name Snow before the end of the series, however, I would be surprised if he took the name Stark in its place.

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two prequels, The Hedge Knight and then The Sworn Sword. They are worth reading. They definitely help give you a feel to the past Targaryean rulers. I think the reason I disliked Dany so much was because she feels like such an outsider. At the start of Game of Thrones Robert is King and has been for about 15 years, yet she is claiming that she deserves to be ruler of a land she has never been to. Most of the depicitions of the Targaryeans in the book are of cruel and insane rulers. Even the original Aegon The Conqueror is depicted as power hungry, bending the 7 kingdoms to his will with dragons. But The Hedgeknight sends you to about 75 years before Robert came to power, I believe. And you get to experience the land as it was ruled by Targaryeans. There are still a few evil Targs, but you get to see a more suitable ruling sort of Targaryean as well.

Very cool. I will have to look into those two books.

A note on the mini series: if Jordan has a hand in the production and direction, it should come out well, because he had experience in Hollywood prior to writing this series. We will see, I guess.

The main directors are supposed to be huge fans of the novels. George is going to have some input to he series, and will completely write/direct one episode per season.

I can't wait, though it will likely be a few years.

The main directors are supposed to be huge fans of the novels. George is going to have some input to he series, and will completely write/direct one episode per season.

I can't wait, though it will likely be a few years.

I know that HBO's series Rome is making its way to DVD, so I hope this series does as well.

I hope not. Surely they would have some kind of deal worked out on that.

I can see it now....Liam Neeson as Eddard Stark! I don't know why, but it just seems to fit.

Have they done any casting yet?

Liam would be a little out of the price range for the mini series. Originally when I tried to picture it as a movie, I had pictures Mel Gibson in the role as Eddard, because at that poitn he had a very fatherly figure to him, he sorta blew that with his break down last year. But I thought he would do god, especially if people thought he would be the star, only to have him killed. Unknown actors will fill this min series I think, but thats ok,they did great job of casting Rome, I would be fine with seeing several actors from that series into Song of Ice and Fire.

I dont think any of the casting has been done yet, this show is just announced in is in its very early stages. It is expected to last 7 seasons, but if it doesnt draw in viewers and make money, I could see it being cancelled before that. The fantasy realm is not a huge money maker, I dont think.