• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Half-Life 1 Anthology

Patrick

I picked this up on sale for $3.65 (I think) a few weeks ago. Never played any Half-Life games and ... well, I don't play that many games at all right now just out of being busy, but I'd like that to change. Anyway, does anyone have this game? Thoughts?

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Been a while since I've played Half-Life 1, but from what I remember it was/is a great game. One of the first person shooters to incorporate a rich and complex storyline into the action. You play the role of Gordon Freeman, a scientist at a top secret scientific Mesa Facility experimenting with "alien" substances when something go fatally wrong and you're forced to fight your way out from invading aliens and soldiers who were sent in to make sure there are no survivors. You should enjoy this greatly.

Half-Life: Opposing Forces is a pseudo-sequel to Half-Life. Not bad, but not as good as the original. This time you play as a soldier trying to hunt down Gordan Freeman. Story-line interweaves with the original, but is different enough to keep you interested.

Half-Life: Blue Shift Never played, but it puts you in the role of a security guard as the Mesa facility trying to help Freeman (and yourself) out. Overall reviews I've read is that this is a good addition, but extremely short (can be beat in one sitting if you have the time).

Half-Life: Deathmatch & Team Fortress Classic Both are online games. Don't know how many games are around online, but the are fun if you can get some going.