• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Returning after a long time away.

still kicking

Hey G-Man, yours is the attitude I would like to be able to maintain, but it's not so easy. I have decided to check out a couple of other schools after the holidays, but I really like this school for a number of reasons -- such as the emphasis on traditional Japanese karate and "high standards". It's just that it's possible to take that too far, I think. Anyway, for now I will bide my time. Remaining injury free is a big concern, especially because I have internalized things from the past and sometimes I get carried away and throw myself into things, without thinking it through that I don't have the flexibility I used to. I came back to karate primarily for fitness and conditioning, and did not expect to become such a fanatic again. I should have known! It's great that these forums are here -- gives me a way to be obsessive about karate when I'm not actually training. :lol:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Don't get me wrong, I am happy to strive to improve my karate in every class for as long as I am training, but it seems like he wants black belt level of performance just to get 7th kyu!

Exactly. You are already a Black Belt so the standard is higher.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/