• 4 weeks later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished Liddell's bio "My Fighting Life".

I'm also waiting for the 3rd Eregon book. The second was better than the first, even the horrible movie couldn't ruin it for me.

I've been reading back through a Dragonlance fantasy trilogy prior to bed. Tanis Half-elven is truely one of my favorite fantasy heros of all time.

I can't wait for the next Eragon book. At the moment I'm reading 1984 by Orwell on the recommendation of my history teacher. Its actually scarily accurate.

"Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it." ~ Confucius

Just started "the 48 Laws of Power. I recommend this book to anyone. If you read another book this year, make it this one.
What is it about, glockmeister?

I am also reading bits and pieces of Best Karate volume 7 now.

Edited by bushido_man96

Basically, how to control people and situations and how to also avoid being victimized by power or manipulated. It helps give you historical examples of how to attain and maintain power, whether in politics, personal relationships and so on. Examples of ancient Chinese battles, Napoleon and others. How to bring your enemies to you, how to turn the tables on them. a World of information that helpes in everyday life. Some of it is downright ruthless.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

Also a good read that is kind of along those lines, howver dealing more with personal safety from being a victem is The Gift of Fear by Gavin DeBecker, he also has a book relating to children called Protecting the Gift. Both excellet reads wiht many valid points.

I can't say that I agree with 100% of what he's saying, but I think th at probibly 85-90 percent I could give the thumbs up to.

Basically, how to control people and situations and how to also avoid being victimized by power or manipulated. It helps give you historical examples of how to attain and maintain power, whether in politics, personal relationships and so on. Examples of ancient Chinese battles, Napoleon and others. How to bring your enemies to you, how to turn the tables on them. a World of information that helpes in everyday life. Some of it is downright ruthless.

That does sound good. I love to read a little bit of military history, especially the movers and shakers, like Napolean. For a guy of his stature, he must have had some interesting tactics to become a leader.

Also a good read that is kind of along those lines, howver dealing more with personal safety from being a victem is The Gift of Fear by Gavin DeBecker, he also has a book relating to children called Protecting the Gift. Both excellet reads wiht many valid points.

I can't say that I agree with 100% of what he's saying, but I think th at probibly 85-90 percent I could give the thumbs up to.

Yeah i have that one too. That's a good book.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense