• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What book are you currently reading?

bushido_man96

Chuck Liddell Iceman My fighting Life.

I usally don't read much but this one I thought I just check out and it's a page turner. For me at least. I find it interesting that he's put this out for people to see where he came from and his life from childhood on. Also he tells about getting in to martail arts, kickboxing and Finally the way he found the UFC.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That does sound like a good one, pitbullJudoka.

I just finished reading my 7th Clive Cussler novel, and am on the 8th. I also have a book on the Kansas City Chiefs that I am picking my way through as well. I am also sprinkling in my latest issue of Black Belt Magazine.

I usally don't read much but this one I thought I just check out and it's a page turner. For me at least. I find it interesting that he's put this out for people to see where he came from and his life from childhood on. Also he tells about getting in to martail arts, kickboxing and Finally the way he found the UFC.

I have tried, but I cant get into the UFC, it seems like they are just a bunch a street brawlers put in a ring to kill each other..?? I just dont see very good technique in it, besides everybody tackling each other and ground and pounding each other.. No offense.. :) just my thoughts, but I was interested in reading the book though.. :)

You must become more than just a man in the mind of your opponent. -Henri Ducard

No offense taken Throwdown. Evryone is entitled to their opion. This book what I have read so far is about his life from growing up to his learning traditional karate and becoming a fighter.

But you right alot of the fighters don't have the greatest techinque in the world.

mmmhh sounds like an interesting book , i might just have to read it lol.

I think that there is no 1 style , and that to truly become a great martial artist and person you must take information from where ever you can.

Nineteen eighty-four by George Orwell... 3 times in less than two weeks... I'd read it again too but I lent it to my slow-reading friend :roll: So am reading a tone of music theory and history books for school...

The first person to call me mate gets a punch in the throat...

Nineteen eighty-four by George Orwell... 3 times in less than two weeks... I'd read it again too but I lent it to my slow-reading friend :roll: So am reading a tone of music theory and history books for school...

1984 pretty much shaped my view of the world as it is.

My politics are definitely Owellian

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this book last night. Seems good so far. Looking forward to reading more of it.

1984 pretty much shaped my view of the world as it is.

My politics are definitely Owellian

That book was fascinating, but deeply disturbing. I'm certain I need to reread it and Farhernheit 451. Both of those are thought provoking, to say the least.

As for 1984, though....I must say that it reminded me of my friends who are particularly talented and perceptive manipulators, and the potential consequences. What would the world be like if your every though could be read and almost every action seen? And how far until you break? It was a disturbing book...

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

I have always wanted to read 1984 sounds very good.

At the moment im not reading anything usually its martial arts books for me I dont really read fiction that often I prefer real stuff that I can use.

Last book I read was Muscle Revolution-Chad Waterbury

very good book but covered a fair bit of what I know already.

The key to everything is continuity achieved by discipline.