• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What book are you currently reading?

bushido_man96

I forgot another favourite of mine - The Harry Potter series!!!! I started off with the first 3 reading them to my daughter, however as they got a bit more adult in genre I have become addicted!!!

I have wanted to start reading this series as well. I have the first 3 books, in soft cover, and I am going to start on them, I think. The movies aren't too shaby, either.

I also plan on reading the Wheel of Time series, by Robert Jordan.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot another favourite of mine - The Harry Potter series!!!! I started off with the first 3 reading them to my daughter, however as they got a bit more adult in genre I have become addicted!!!

Yeah, I'm a fan of the series, as well. Have read all the books and seen all the movies.

Bushidoman, when I first saw you post that you liked medevil and fantasy books I was going to sugest the Song of Ice and Fire series, but I see you've already read it.

These books are by far my favorite books that I've ever read, and I can read them over and over and over. I simply cannot wait for the next one to be released, and it drives me crazy, hah ha.

Yeah, I can't wait for the last one as well. It has been a while since I have read the others, so I may have to start up again. There is so much trickery and betrayal, and the author just does things that you do not expect.

My favorite character was Eddard Stark, but he didn't last long. I was hacked about that. Now, though, I'd have to say my favorite is Jon Snow, and he was left out of the last book for the most part, and is supposed to be a focal character in the last book.

It seems to me that there are a lot of ends to tie up, and I would think that this book is either going to be really thick, or he may need one more to get it done.

Yes Eddard was one of my favorite characters as well, I thought he was going to turn out to be the main character, how wrong I was. I think Tyrion is probably my overall favorite though.

As of know it is planned to be at least 3 more books. The forthcoming novel is really just the second half of the fourth book, therefore books four and five can be looked at as one book just sold as two seperate ones. And if he sticks to schedule, he plans a total of 7 (Of c ourse the author has admitted he planned it as a trilogy)

I play a wrestling game online. If you'd like to play follow this link

http://www.thewrestlinggame.com/wg.asp?w= 133896

Yes Eddard was one of my favorite characters as well, I thought he was going to turn out to be the main character, how wrong I was. I think Tyrion is probably my overall favorite though.

I like Tyrion as well. He is so crafty, and intelligent. Throughout the 4th book, I even started to like Jaime a little as well.

As of know it is planned to be at least 3 more books. The forthcoming novel is really just the second half of the fourth book, therefore books four and five can be looked at as one book just sold as two seperate ones. And if he sticks to schedule, he plans a total of 7 (Of c ourse the author has admitted he planned it as a trilogy)

I thought that the next book was supposed to be the last, but like I said, it seemed like there was just too much left to clean up. I think in the end, Danaeras and Jon Snow may get hooked up somehow. We will see, though, because I have been wrong about everything else in the book so far! I really thought Rob Stark would last a while, too. I was mad when he died as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Currently, I am reading Thinking Strategically, by Nalebuff and Dixit. It is an introduction to game theory. Really nice.

Tom

Train harder!

Currently: 7th kyu, yellow belt

Just finished up the Mallorean series by David Eddings(again). Right now I'm starting on the X-Wing series.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Just finished reading 'Altered Carbon' by Richard Morgan - sci fi (a person can change bodies by implanting their 'stack' at the back of the neck, which is what makes them a human being, into different bodies so you never really know who is who) ... now reading 'State of Fear' by Michael Crichton.