• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

What breakout art in the UFC would you like to get noticed?

With Judo becoming more and more popular, what art would you like to see next come up big in the UFC? Judo made it because grappling wins alot of fights, and it trains with full resistance sparring. You'd have to still crosstrain in grappling, but I would love to see a CMA finally break through. You've got Tailand (muay tai), Japan (Judo and orgins of BJJ), Brazil (BJJ), and the West(Boxing, greco-roman/freestyle), but China has come off rather poorly since the dawn of MMA(Then again, CMA have had it rough since 1949 anyhow). It would be exciting and refreshing to see a striking style like southern mantis make it out into the mainstream. It WOULD be possible, but the practioner would need to do full-contact training and heavy practice with the styles mentioned before. No one seems to have attempted to adapt this sort of thing yet (it would take more work IMO than just learning the popular styles since you'd basically have to re-invent the training for the art), but lately I think the fights have gotten a bit too predictable (not as to who will win, but as to what will be used), and it'd be fun and exciting to see what people could do with techniqes that are in need of some dusting off.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

San Shou man, I think that would be the chinese break through art

Cung Le is coming

And as always Kempo needs to break through the Muay Thai (not that Muay is a bad art by any means)

There is no teacher but the enemy.

I think the fights are fun to watch as it is now. I also believe that you won't really see an "introduction" of any specific art into the UFC anymore. What will you see more and more of is the popularity of the MMA "gyms" that are sponsoring most of the current fighters.

This sport uses the three main aspects of fighting: stand-up, clinch, and grappling. The reason that the fights may look "predictable" is because in fighting these are the things that are going to happen; striking, takedowns, and wrestling/grappling. There is nothing too fancy about it, really. Getting fancy gets you beat.

Fighting is what it is, because of the very nature of it. Nobody is going to spend their time on something that is fancy and complex, with a higher degree of failure in the process.

I think the fights are fun to watch as it is now. I also believe that you won't really see an "introduction" of any specific art into the UFC anymore. What will you see more and more of is the popularity of the MMA "gyms" that are sponsoring most of the current fighters.

This sport uses the three main aspects of fighting: stand-up, clinch, and grappling. The reason that the fights may look "predictable" is because in fighting these are the things that are going to happen; striking, takedowns, and wrestling/grappling. There is nothing too fancy about it, really. Getting fancy gets you beat.

Fighting is what it is, because of the very nature of it. Nobody is going to spend their time on something that is fancy and complex, with a higher degree of failure in the process.

Nah, noo need to be fancy, and all tatics DO fall under one of the three ranges, I'm just sayin' that it'd be intresting to see new strategies pop up in those ranges and the UFC evolve from there.

Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft.

~Theodore Roosevelt