• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Ki Focus? help?

Scully

Okay, I have already searched and revised on Ki and, even though I'm still unsure about its exsitence, i wanna give it a try to improve my fighting style and way of life in general. Thing is though, ki focus techniques are not on (or are really hard to find) on the internet, because all the masters say that you can only learn to use Ki from a direct tutor (or so i have read). Anyway, I already meditate, deep breathing, viewing the mid etc but I wanna focus ki.

Also, if someone could give a direct answer on what my ki can do to actually improve life and karate (shotokan) that would be helpful. Oh and whats this stuff and Ki balls. I thought they were myth?

Thanks Guys and Gals.

(And for the students of chinese martial arts, i didnt use the term chi at all because of im a japanese martial art student. Just wanted to mention that)

"If instead of fighting with him you say to your enemy, "You have won" and bow before him, that is the biggest deed in the world."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Coming from me, I'm not sure how much this is worth, but here goes:

Ki, in my view, is nothing more than proper body mechanics. The human body produces a LOT of energy, between metabolic energy and stored muscle power, you have quite a bit of stored energy in your system. There's something called kinetic linkage, meaning that you can consciously, through body mechanics, transfer energy from one part of your body to the other. More commonly than not, it's implied in a punch that starts from energy generated from the ground to the legs, through the arms, and into the hand, where it rapidly and violently transfers into the target.

That being said, you could theoretically, with a deep enough understanding of the human anatomy, inject this energy into a certain part of the body, this is where I believe 'dim mak' holds it's water.

After all, a strike is nothing more than the transferrance of mechanical energy from one body to another.

In my belief, ki as most know it is in the same right, but obscured through ages of flimsy explanations and the 'showboaters' of old, along with the newer ones *coughdillmancough*

As for ki balls, they don't exist. Particle physics don't allow a ball of energy to be self contained and manipulated by human energies. We can generate electricity, through that a very MINUTE magnetism, and mechanical energys (which are instigated by chemicals that act as the fuel). Nothing in that list would really warrant a high magnitude output of any kind, and I think it would be highly unlikely for a human being to be able to concentrate such energies (as it HAS to come from somewhere, it would take it from the rest of the body). Basically, if you generate enough energy to transfer, through air (in which said energy would disperse, losing a great deal of it's influence), something that harms anatomical structures in another body, you would probably die.

Of course, everything in the matter is theoretical, but some theories make more sense than others.

My advice is to focus more on your attitude and physical fitness.

"They look up, without realizing they're standing in the palm of your hand"

"I burn alive to keep you warm"