• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Vinyl Records

Patrick

Anyone still messing around with vinyl records? Over the last year, I went from having 0 to having probably 100ish (mostly from eBay) because there is a lot of music that you just can't get on CD or online. I bought myself a turntable that hooks into your computer so that I can rip the audio and put it on a CD and/or listen to it whenever I want. It wasn't that expensive.

I've also been buying them because I plan to hang them on my wall. :) With the enlarged cover art, it will be pretty neat, I think.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I still have an old Pioneer turntable and speaker system, and it works just fine after 29 years. I also have a ton of old LPs that I just won't get rid of. Ever.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

My wife has a Victrola, with a bunch of old vinyl. She also talks about all of the records that she used to have, but doesn't have them anymore. I think she would kill to have them back. Maybe I'll buy her an old record player, and start collecting records for her....

Yeah, that might be cool. Or, you could even put them on CD for her. :)

I could do that, but I think she actually prefers the vinyl. I asked her tonight, and she said that she still has all of her records and the record player at her dad's house! I told her that we should bring them over, and set them up.

Oh, and she mentioned that she has the Thriller album. :lol: I think she has some Def Leppard as well, and several others.

Cool. Yeah, some people do prefer vinyl, I know. Music's a personal thing. As long as you like it, that's what matters. :)

That's the kind of stuff I listened to as a kid, because I liked Michael Jackson (I think my Mom did, too) and my parents liked Def Leppard.

My wife is pretty good at the pop culture trivia type stuff, when it comes to all of the actors/actresses/singers/songwriters and all that stuff. Sometimes she quizzes me, and is appalled at some of the things that I don't know. :lol:

I tell her to cut me some slack.....I played video games! :lol: