• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what do you want to do?

brokenswordx

Things are well for me. I am happy with my job right now, and am waiting patiently for my chance to move up.

TKD is going well, but I have shifted a focus into getting my 1st dan in Combat Hapkido. I want to do this before I test for my next TKD rank. I'd also like to start a Combat Hapkido class at our TKD school, but I don't know if that will happen.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...

Be A Video Game Designer. :D .

A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. That is the truth. What Miss Kaoru says... ...is play-talk that only those who have never stained their hands can say. When I See That Female Again From BK. I Will Kick Her Behind For Disgracing Me And My Friends Honor.

• 2 weeks later...

I work as a lead consultant in business server technologies with emphasis on the Linux OS.

Basically I'm a huge geek.

Shodan - Shaolin Kempo

███████████████▌█

Well im currently back in college getting qualifications i should have put more effort into getting in school.

End goal is to study zoology at university and work with animals. (i would live in a zoo if i could)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I'll tell you when I've grown up. :D

With respect,

Sohan

It will never happen!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just playing! :D

I hope to get my degree sometime soon; I am at a standstill at this point. I hope to get a little further along in the Law Enforcement area, as I am really enjoying what I am doing now.

I will always stick with the martial arts, and maybe have a school someday...but it is so much fun to be learning.

I've actually thought about being a cop here in Atlanta, as it is an honorable profession serving the public. But being a cop is a hard, tough job with lousy hours not to mention the fact that there are people out there pointing guns at you. Also, it'd be a bit of a pay cut (low 40's), though I'd get benefits.

If I was a few years younger I'd try for OCS in the Army or Marines. I always regretted not joining the Marines for a few years after college, and now I'm too old to enter as an officer, unless I were a physician or nurse.

With respect,

Sohan

Actually, I do not know how old you are, but I just checked into the US Army requirements for OCS, and as long as you're under 35 (and make the requirements), you can enter OCS. Also, as far as being a police officer, it is a noble pursuit, and a dedicated profession... I worked in Atlanta myself for a while (not as a police officer, but with them...) and I miss the chase, but you are right... it is stressful and makes one jaded toward thinking that there are criminals hiding under every rock. You HAVE to find a balance...

It is what you learn when you think you know everything that matters most! (unknown)

" I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself". (DH Lawrence)

"The only stupid question is the one that was never asked!!" (Me!!!)

I was a senior local authority manager in social services, was made redundant in the government cuts last year and there is no sign of a suitable job for me in the short term. So my career is indefinitely on hold! :(

I actually was a truck driver; however, I sustained a bad back injury from which I have had several issues. During that time, I thought the better of trying to drive on an increasingly weakening back. I took the time, and got: an Associates degree in accounting (3.875 GPA)

Bachelors Degree in Business Administration concentrating in Human Resources (3.93 GPA) and a Masters of Business Administration degree focusing in Human Resources (4.0 GPA)... All were taken online.

I specialized in safety, and training protocol. I have 15 business certificates and over 30 safety and training certificates including First Aid and Bloodborne Pathogens safety protocol. I am also an ordained Reverend, and certified as a firearms expert.

Since that time, I have applied to over 500 jobs here in the US and on foreign soil... Nobody is hiring for some reason...

I am going to continue through with Admin jobs; however, I am going to lend my other focuses as well...

It is what you learn when you think you know everything that matters most! (unknown)

" I never saw a wild thing sorry for itself. A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself". (DH Lawrence)

"The only stupid question is the one that was never asked!!" (Me!!!)