• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what do you want to do?

brokenswordx

I work in IT doing support for about 70 users. I love my job but some days it gets a little boring (sign of a good system is the IT bloke doing nothing :)). I would have liked to be in the RAF when I was younger.

Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Professionally, I manage a network of websites (including this one). That's pretty much what I see myself doing for the forseeable future. :)

Personally, I'm going to be getting my driver's license probably in the next 4-5 months at the latest and I'll be moving out on my own within the next 23 months or so.

I'll tell you when I've grown up. :D

With respect,

Sohan

It will never happen!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Just playing! :D

I hope to get my degree sometime soon; I am at a standstill at this point. I hope to get a little further along in the Law Enforcement area, as I am really enjoying what I am doing now.

I will always stick with the martial arts, and maybe have a school someday...but it is so much fun to be learning.

I've actually thought about being a cop here in Atlanta, as it is an honorable profession serving the public. But being a cop is a hard, tough job with lousy hours not to mention the fact that there are people out there pointing guns at you. Also, it'd be a bit of a pay cut (low 40's), though I'd get benefits.

If I was a few years younger I'd try for OCS in the Army or Marines. I always regretted not joining the Marines for a few years after college, and now I'm too old to enter as an officer, unless I were a physician or nurse.

With respect,

Sohan

I'm not sure how it would be there, but here, the shifts rotate, every two or three months. However, my job being up in the jail, the shifts do not rotate. Therefore, I am stuck working nights. However, I much prefer to work nights as opposed to working mid shifts, where I would miss out on training and my family.

Mid 40's is better than the wages here! Heck, you may even be able to schedule your other interests around it. Or better yet, you could get the department involved in a package that you could set up. Keeping cops in good shape is always beneficial to them!

Actually cadet pay would be only 34k for about 5 months, and then you're starting at around 42 with a degree. After a year of that, probably about 46 or so. I have a wife and son to support, and in Atlanta, that's not very much money. Decent houses can go for 400k-1mil where I live, unless I move to the boonies. Plus, Atlanta cops aren't very popular right now after some very public SNAFUs. Not sure I want to be a part of that.

Besides, one of the great things about being a trainer is that people rarely shoot at me.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Im curently undergoing work based training to become my companys controoler of the management accounting. I WANT to eventually go back to counselling. I want my own practice, ideally in the US, failing that by the seaside in good old UK :)

Karate Ni Sentinashi

I am in pursuit of a medical career: Cardio-therasic surgeon. It is hard, long hours, good pay, lots of dicipline.

But my 'Sensei' has other plans. He wants me to teach more. It's hard because i want to teach, but i don't want it to conflict with med. school. I seem to be adjusting to sleep deprivation beautifully though!

Arisu

"Never leave that to tomorrow for which you can do today." -Ben. Frank.