• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How many martial arts have you taken?

How many martial arts have you taken?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. How many martial arts have you taken?

• None
    • 5 or more

I'd love a VB, but we can't get it here. I've been to Perth several times and Darwin when I was deployed to East Timor. I love your country. Great people, great terrain.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love a VB, but we can't get it here. I've been to Perth several times and Darwin when I was deployed to East Timor. I love your country. Great people, great terrain.

Ill send a 6-pack over for you. :D

:D :D :D

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

For me, I put down "2."

I've been primarily about Shotokan Karate since starting in it ten years ago. I have also trained fairly extensively in Goju Ryu, but that is still a style of karate and as such has more in common with doing Shotokan than it has different. There was also a period of time in which I was working out with a group of TKD people on an informal basis, but this was more of an informal sparring group, I didn't learn any new basic technique from them, and there were martial artists of other stripes and colors who were in the mix too. The only thing that was clearly not karate in which I attended on a regular basis was aikido, but that didn't last long thanks to my school schedule and my desire to not let my karate go. I have also dabbled in kobudo, but this is only because a few weapons forms are in the mix at the karate school where I now train. I have thought about taking up kobudo more formally, which will bring the total to three, but we'll see.

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world"

-Dave Barry

Doh! My mistake. More beer!

Beer? I'll take one two...too

"Don't tell me the sky's the limit because I have seen footprints on the moon!" -- Paul Brandt