• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Backflips

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I think that I could, but I feel as you guys do. There is a local gymnastics center that has an open night for just about anyone who wants to go and play around on their equipment. It costs $6.00 for an hour and they give you all the instruction you need to do whatever you want. I am going starting this week. I'll let you know how it goes. Of course if you don't hear from me then it probably did not go very well as I will probably be in traction! :bigwink:

" If a tin whistle is made of tin, is hook kick made from a hook?"

MBP

I can do one. I never trained in Gymnastics but I had a gymnastics instructor teach me to do a back tuck. It only took a few hours to learn but took a long time to get over the fear of falling. It isn't that difficult. The key is to jump straight up not backwards, your arms extend straight up at the ceiling and your biceps should be behind your ears. This position will give you maximum height and it opens your body up. When you reach the peak of your jump you tuck your knees into your chest and your body will flip backwards. When done properly you will land in the same spot you started not a few feet back... Good luck but I wouldn't recommend trying without someone who knows how to properly spot you.

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

My brother used to be able to do this when he was young - early teens... Now he's in his mid twenties and he can't do it anymore, through lack of practise for years...

Things I only learnt to do some time after I was twenty:

1. Touch my toes

2. Wiggle my ears

KarateForums.com - Sempai

lolz

I think i could do a backflip but just like everyone else im too scared. :sad:

When you put water into a cup,it becomes the cup.When you put water in a T-Pot,it becomes the T-Pot..be water my friend!!

At the swimming pool but like everyone else no way am i going to try it on dry land.

If I could I would do them all the time just for fun lol.

We had a guy who made up a kata for tournament several years ago who turend some in it. He finished 2nd BTW.

They are nice but useless.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

When I was competing I had a flashkick in my form. The only way to safely practice a backflip is doing it with an experienced instructor. I would not recommend trying one without a good instructor who can spot you properly.

DO NOT ATTEMPT A BACK TUCK WITHOUT A QUALIFIED INSTRUCTOR!!!! TOO MUCH IS AT STAKE!!!

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

Yeah that is good advice. No way do you even need to try a back flip alone. Im sure you can find any local cheerleader sponser to teach you how to flip if you are really wanting to.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."