can you fight against a boxer without kicking

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AGAIN...AGAIN.. we have another KICKboxer here who thinks they can punch as good as a boxer.

That is like saying this.. a BOXER can kick as good as a KICKboxer.

ARGH :lol:

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

Thats a bit unfair cracknet as kickboxing does hold all of boxing and boxing holds no kicks.

Do remember that kickboxing and Thai boxing include ALL BOXING techs and (im not sure with kickboxing) but Thai boxing has actually got more hand techniques than boxing. SO unknown is justified in saying that he can fight a boxer. He knows a regular boxers moves.

Kick boxing and boxing and Thai boxing all have the SAME punching system. Remember that.

I wouldn't recommend trying to outbox a boxer. chances are you will lose. As Martial Artists we rely on different weapons to be successful. We use our legs to set up our hands etc. Boxers use only their hands and train just their hands for attacking. They have more combos and would have the upper hand. That is not to say you wouldn't win. I think in the end the more skilled fighter will be the winner.

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

I never said a Kickboxer cant box.. what i said, was, Kickboxing can not.. and will not punch as good as boxing. Kickboxing has punches.. and kicks.. which means they need to devote time to both to increase the skill.. they have techniques for both which means they have to learn more.. boxing is just punch and the techniques that go along with it. If a kickboxer tried to outbox a boxer, it would be over before you knew it. I have watched wayyy to many kickboxing matches and saw some horrid boxing attempts at each other... that is why I draw this conclusion.

Nick.

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Dune.

get in there close and angle kick, he will fall to the ground then blood choke them, not too hard to beat a boxer but if you dont use kicks... they jab, jab, hook and your knocked out lol
http://www.gamegen.com/fightgen/characters/jae-repeated-kicks.gif

Two things I see wrong with that Jae. First, you said get in close?? Get in close... get in striking distance? Anyone.. please do not attempt that... if you move in close to a boxer.. he will pummel you... and make you think twice about it. Boxers.. are close quarter fighters. The closer they are to you, the better for them,, until you starting hanging all over them... even then though, they punch your back in your kidneys. As for doing an angle kick.. are you assuming doing a angle to the head?? Boxers have tremoundous head guard... you would be better off moving in close (if you made it that far) and kickin his knee cap or giving him a blow to his groin.

Once again.. please.. please, unless your a boxer, or a member of Juko kai, do not move in close to out strike a boxer lol.

Nick D.

"I will not fear...

Dune.

My MT coach is a boxing coach too so that helps as we do loads of boxing. I think some other clubs are like that too. Best way to beat a boxer is to do Bxing and a system that does some kicking. Oh MT doeas that.

Just make sure the coach is a pro boxing coach too. There are some around.