• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

can you fight against a boxer without kicking

Wow.. thats it? Just hit his knees? LOL, once again, you have to get into striking distance to do that. Now, if you want, you can think that your bruce lee or something and you would hit his knee and bounce out before this guy could hit you... or you can imagine that your leg is so leg and you can stand back 5 ft and kick his knee... but it would not always happen like that BKJ... maybe you would get lucky, maybe you wouldnt.

Nick

Well what's funny is you don't even need to be a martial artist. A baseball player could defeat a boxer. Just run and slide into his knee. I know there is tons of attacks that keep a low profile and are aimed at the leg. As a matter of fact I think a Muaty Thai fighter could probably beat a boxer in a mtter of seconds.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A muay Thai fighter can be alot of people in seconds, including Karate, Kung Fu, JJ, etc etc. the list is endless. MT is by far the most devestating MA i have ever seen. So, yea, you are right, a MT would probably beat a boxer pretty quickly,

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

CRAKNEKS RIGHT. IF YOU EVER TRY SPARRING WITH A GOOD BOXER YOU WILL BE IN FOR A NASTY SURPRISE THE PUNCHES COME FORM ALL ANGLES AND VERY FAST. ONE OTHER THING YOU ARE MISSING IS THAT THEY HAVE EXCELLENT FOOTWORK AND CAN MOVE AROUND YOU AND FIGHT MOVING BACKWARDS VERY WELL SO YOU HAD BETTER BE DAMN GOOD COS WITH OUT GLOVES YOU WONT TAKE MANY SHOTS BEFORE YOU GO DOWN AND ONCE THEY SEE THAY HAVE HURT YOU,WELL............IT AINT GONNA LAST MUCH LONGER.

CRAKNEKS RIGHT. IF YOU EVER TRY SPARRING WITH A GOOD BOXER YOU WILL BE IN FOR A NASTY SURPRISE THE PUNCHES COME FORM ALL ANGLES AND VERY FAST. ONE OTHER THING YOU ARE MISSING IS THAT THEY HAVE EXCELLENT FOOTWORK AND CAN MOVE AROUND YOU AND FIGHT MOVING BACKWARDS VERY WELL SO YOU HAD BETTER BE DAMN GOOD COS WITH OUT GLOVES YOU WONT TAKE MANY SHOTS BEFORE YOU GO DOWN AND ONCE THEY SEE THAY HAVE HURT YOU,WELL............IT AINT GONNA LAST MUCH LONGER.

We're not tlaking about professinal boxing here, there really isn't that many boxers that are that good, atleast not where I live.

White Belt- Shudokan Karate

Well you cant unless you can get him to the ground and although people train this they rearely train against a boxer. Could be hard.

To BKJ1216:

You cant just do it like that man boxers swarm you like killer bees.

if you dont box you are not going ot beat a boxer using just your hands, period..

what would i do?

shoot for a double leg, slam him down, take his back and go for a rear naked choke. :D

Yea, shoot for a double leg, pray he dont side step and drill you with a right haymaker, left jab, right straight, left hook

ohh.. and for good measure, kick you in the ribs. Street style lol.

Nick

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

Yea, shoot for a double leg, pray he dont side step and drill you with a right haymaker, left jab, right straight, left hook

ohh.. and for good measure, kick you in the ribs. Street style lol.

Nick

right...boxer have so much experience at avoiding the shoot :roll:

Dont need to have experience at avoiding the shoot. Just when they see a target they will hit it hard and fast.

A shoot may well turn into a fall like that.

But i dont disagree entirely just making a point and it is propably the best chance youve got.