• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2002-05-11 06:18, Lau gar wrote:

how do you fight against a boxer without kicking if it's possible :karate:

:eek: :eek: I'm happy to fight boxer with my legs i find there amazing movement (ducking and weaving) tends to only move their head and i can get some good kicks to the midsection.

If i can't kick all i ever do is jab, jab, jab-jab and jab oh and sometimes i do jabs. See i'm a tall guy with a big reach and poor boxing skills. :brow:

Bretty

Unfortualtely I would have to say depending on the boxer I would prob. lose. If he was of equal skill as I then I would say he would win. Boxers have prob. the best hand system out there. I include boxing techniques in my style but not to the intensity they do. I favor my legs esp. because of the TKD so if I had all my weapons I would have to say I would win. Then again it gives me an advantage cause I have 4 weapons but he only has 2. But on the other side of the coin it was my choice to learn the 4 weapons and his to only learn 2.

Pete

2nd Degree black belt in Kenpo Karate and Tae Kwon Do. 1997 NASKA competitor-2nd place Nationally in Blackbelt American Forms. Firearms activist!

Fake jab - leg kick.

Fake leg kick (he tries to step inside it) - Knee strike.

Works VERY well. When he get's fed up with that & get's in close - take him down & choke him out :grin:

Works for me :grin:

YODA

2nd Degree Black Belt : Doce Pares Eskrima https://www.docepares.co.uk

Qualified Instructor : JKD Concepts https://www.jkdc.co.uk

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

On 2002-05-11 06:18, Lau gar wrote:

how do you fight against a boxer without kicking if it's possible :karate:

Well you can by not using your other weapons like kicks elbows or knees. But I think you could because you would have an advantage!

karateforums Sempai: David

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

[ This Message was edited by: kicker on 2002-05-11 14:13 ]

when you do your best it`s going to show.

"If you watch the pros, You will learn something new"

• 10 months later...

LOL.. in order to throw someone to thr ground, you have to get in close to them. Boxers just dont come in and start swinging like animals, boxers like any other MAist wait for a good time to strike... and as for you moving in and taking a Boxer down.. LOL again... ok. Move in and let him hit you.... IF...IF your still on your feet after a jab and a haymaker... you may be able to take him down.

Nick D.

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.

Wow.. thats it? Just hit his knees? LOL, once again, you have to get into striking distance to do that. Now, if you want, you can think that your bruce lee or something and you would hit his knee and bounce out before this guy could hit you... or you can imagine that your leg is so leg and you can stand back 5 ft and kick his knee... but it would not always happen like that BKJ... maybe you would get lucky, maybe you wouldnt.

Nick

"A man can fail many times, but a man is not a failure until he blames someone else"

"I will not fear...

Fear is the mind killer...

I will let my fear pass right through me..."

Dune.