• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

what happened at are academy today

by the way musashi did loose a fight once to a bo staff master, he fought himtwice. 1st time he won but sparred his life to get better, so the bo staff master trained hard re-challenged him and won, and just as musashi sparred him his life so did he.

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

by the way musashi did loose a fight once to a bo staff master, he fought himtwice. 1st time he won but sparred his life to get better, so the bo staff master trained hard re-challenged him and won, and just as musashi sparred him his life so did he.

Yes, his name was Muso Gunnosoke. He was a Jo staff master. In the first duel, he used a bo, but he studied for several years, and then modified his technique into the jo staff system that he taught after defeating Musashi.

I mean no disrespect to your sifu at all, please do not take what I have to say personally.

That is a tremendously bad idea. It's only going to cause more problems. If you lose he may just bring around more people to fight you and your peers, and your sifu. If you win the same thing may just happen. This person could be crazy and might bring weapons with him.

If you sifu really does teach and practice non violence as the answer then consulting with the local police is the best way to go. Establishing a restraining order is the best first step, then the police are aware of the situation. Then all you've got to do is record when he comes around to bother you and the students, and let the police deal with it. If it ever goes to court your Sifu's credibility will be huge since he didn't resort to physical violence.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

but my sifu has also told me that he has had enough of this coming around doing this, and that next time he dose this my sifu is going to like the door and let me fight him( notice i said fight not sparr ) or he might do it depending own the scenario like they would do when he trained. :D

so now that every1 is aware of this kid inclouding his sifu, and i am training extra hard, and we all no he will come back so now... we wait.

I think I am in agreement with cathal on this one. The only things that can come of this is bad. What I would do is the next time he shows, maybe call the police. If I were your sifu, I would contact the other sifu as well. You don't want to end up with assault charges.

I agree with the last few posts. Let the police know. Have your sifu call the other Sifu.

We as Martial Artists should not go looking for trouble.

You need to think of the consequences of fighting this fool....

-getting arrested,

-jail time,

-not being able to get another job because you have a criminal record,

-possible civil lawsuit from your victim (i would not want to pay some idiot $100 bucks a month for the rest of my life),

-not to mention the possibility of getting hurt, possibly killed (maybe he has a gun...)

If he comes in again, call the police, if he tries to attack someone or the dojo property, restrain him until the police get there to arrest him.

Keep up your level of training, but do it for the right reasons...

Fear does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Pain does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Something like that happened a few weeks ago.

Some guy walked in and motioned at the instructor (who is 25) and said what degree is he?

-He's a third degree

-that's it? what rank are you?

-I'm a second.

-psh. that's nothing.

and then he walked out.

You just have to be ignorant of people's ignorance.

"What we do in life, echoes in eternity."

"We must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

From what I can tell, the two main people involved in this (student and visitor - not the assistant) are both kids under 16. I'm not sure where all of the guns/knives/high on drugs thing came from.

What else is bothering me now is that this kid has been around before and it doesn't seem as though the Sifu has done much to welcome him into the class.

traditional chinese saying:

speak much, wrong much