• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

One tip not to do: If there's just one of you don't simply grab one person and pull them away. All you've achieve by that is to restrain them so that the other person can hit them unimpeded. In that situation I'd interject between them and simultaneously shove both people with a palm-heel in their chest. They will almost inevitably both come straight back in so you have to deal with the one who is closest and push them away again, then immediately turn to do the same to other.

Its not as dangerous as it sounds (you might expect them both to want to have a go at you) but in the heat of the moment they're generally more interested in simply getting past you to have a go at the other person.

Be wary of adopting this tactic though if you're working entirely alone. I used to do this as a bouncer, to split up fights on the dance floor, but I could be fairly well assured that one or more of my colleagues would only be seconds behind me - at which point I could focus on one person and let them deal with the other.

Mike

https://www.headingleykarate.org

Practical Karate for Self-Defence

If you know one of them, it is best to try to talk them down, get in front of him, and walk him backwards, while keeping an eye on the other party. Hopefully, someone is doing the same to them.

Get yourself into a good JuJitsu, Hapkido or school of similar origin.

Then, read a book called "Body Language" by Alan Pease.

Then, work on your communication skills.

That should get you started.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

thanks for the replies guys.at the mo there looking for female bouncers in my area so was thinking of giving it a shot.

Talk to some experienced bouncers and ask what they have used successfully.

"You know the best thing about pain? It let's you know you're not dead yet!"

http://geshmacheyid.forumotion.com/f14-self-defense

IME, it depends on the situation. If they have not yet started fighting, I get between them. Once they have started, by getting between them, you are only getting into the line of fire of two guys - not good for you. I typically restrain one guy from behind and turn him to the side. When guys know the bouncers are breaking up the situation, they sometimes stop. However, as I am turned to the side, I can kick them away in case they keep coming, since I have the other guy tied up and can't use my hands.

Also, you ideally want another bouncer with you when you break up a situation. we are supposed to signal eachother when we see an altercation about to happen, so that there are already several of us in place if it escalates. Admittedly, I don't always do that - it depends on how much time I thnk I have, but for your own safety, you should always work in groups. In addition, when you have people about to have an altercation, they tend to back down when they are out numbered. So, for example, a guy harassing a bartender would be more likely to try and fight me if I'm alone (or in your example, keep trying to fight the other guy) than he would if there were five of us on him.

yeah, it does. It REALLY does, regardless of what anyone tells you.

1. one of the main factors in success is intimidation. When you have that advantage, you can end a lot of confrontations before they begin. I have had guys tell me that they would whoop me if I wasn't so big.

2. leverage is a beautiful thing, but realistically, the bigger you are, the harder time a little guy will have with you. If you are small, guys bigger than you will tend not to respect you. they will try you because they are bigger than you and feel they can push you around.

3. I'm not sure how it is in wales, but in the US, people like to sue. For that reason, we are not allowed to strike unless the situation is dire - like multiple attackers or involvement of weapons. This means that most of your altercations will involve grappling. Size will be of great benefit here, especially if your skill is lacking in the grappling department.

realistically though, as a woman, you shouldn't be approaching men. When we did have a female (we may hire another soon) she only handled females, unless a guy started something with her. She was more of our watchdog - she would spot people smoking weed, possible altercations, etc and let us know. If there were females involved, she would handle them. trained or not, the average small woman will get mauled by even an untrained man.

elbows_and_knees thanks for all that appreciate it.hmm i dont thnik id be able to then cause im quit strong but small.i have done quite a bit of grappaling done judo for quite a while.but i dont think id be that intimidating like i said im quite small(despite being a weight lifter)

"she only handled females, unless a guy started something with her"

so was she allowed to defend herself agianst these?

speed

agression

surprise