• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Urgent!!! How to score a thai boxing bout!!!!

Hi,

I just want to know if any of you knows the proper guidelines to score a thai boxing match. I mean, things like a knee beats a punch, a kick to the head beats a kick to the leg, or clinching beats boxing, etc....

Also, i need websites where i can find that information.

thanks! :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Cool info. It doesn't look like kicks really score more than punches, or knees or elbows. Just dominating and counterattacking. "Just win, baby!"

Yes. But also, you have to think. If you are scoring a muay thai bout, one fighter is using more boxing and the other is trying to use his muay thai. One scored more with punches while the other scored with leg kicks, knees, etc.. Who do you think is going to take the round. Even with the fact that the "boxer" scored more punches, he won't be scored much since he's just relaying in boxing techniques.

Also two things to remember about Muay Thai is that (certainly in Thailand) eversince the adaptation of boxing gloves punches have been scored less than other techniques because the old timers of the art thought it was a wimpy thing to do. If you look at the punches used in competition they are all power oriented. The reason being is that you will not get much points for punches but if you knock out you opponent with a punch they cannot argue about it.

Another thing to remember is that there is an aggression rule in true Muay Thai. The reason is that the strikeing defence of Muay Thai is extremely effective and highly under used. A well trained Muay Thai fighter could effectively block punches and counter strike off them and win most fights this way. Muay Thai fans do not want to see this so if a fighter is not aggressive enough and attack often enough he will either be disqualified or lose on points. Just some useless information that sticks in my mind. Hope it was interesting

Victory or a reasonable alternative.

Olympic style TKD has a similar rule, but it is used when it comes down to a tie in points. The more aggresive fighter will get the decision.