• Other (Post Below)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember exactly, I think it was an ad in the paper. I was in gymnastics at the time but didn't want to get into competitive gymnastics which cost a load of money. My dad had a passing interest in trying martial arts. He found a school, we tried two free lessons and I've been there ever since!

External training without the training of the mind is nothing

My first school was the karate club at the university I attended. I saw one of the posters advertising the first class of the semester and I never looked back.

The school I train at now I walked by a few times over the course of six months. I thought it might be a good match for me based on what I saw of the classes through the window. One day I went in and introduced myself, tried a class and the rest is history.

"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world"

-Dave Barry

My friend's aunt was married to my now-instructor and recommended him, and another friend, who did BJJ somewhere else, recommended him also. I checked out the website and it looked like what I was looking for.

Battling biomechanical dyslexia since 2007

The rec center where I take Muay Thai offers classes through Fairfax County Parks here in the DC area. This county park system offers a HUGE variety of martial arts. Lots of TKD with all the Koreans that work in the Dulles tech corridor.

I found the JKD school I just started at in a Google ad at the top of the KF page. It's only a couple of miles away and very reasonable. The head instructor didn't even know he was advertising and still has no idea how his ad is got on KF. :lol:

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

I left TKD to start kickboxing at this one club that I heard about. From there one of the instructors had a falling out with the head of the Dojo and created his own Dojo so I left to go to his school.

The rest is history.