• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

effective kicks

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
The sidekick and roundhouse, as well as front kick, are the most important kicks you can ever master.

"I am enough of an artist to draw freely upon my imagination.

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world." Einstein

When you are in dress clothes and dress shoes. Kicks are much less sucessful. Common sense will tell you its hard to kick in clothes that are not confortable. If you are in bad weather such as mud, rain, wind, your balance is off. At the same time if you are on rocks, or going up or down a hill its differant that a flat dojo floor.

Stick with low kicks you have a better chance of landing one with sucess.

KISS Keep it Simple Stupid

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

IMO, the most effecive kick is a "cut kick" to the inner or outer thigh.

http://users.breathemail.net/roly.baldwin/scorpions/assets/images/Tech01b.jpg

Limits Are Not Accepted. They Are Elbowed, Kicked And Punched.

Side kicks are great. Prolly one of the best, that and the roundhouse. I stuffed a 2nd degreee with one recently won the match:), and i'm only 3rd kyu, hehe, i also took on and tied someone much bigger than me, i used lotsa sidekicks, as well as roundhosues, i find, using kicks against punchers, woerks pretty well

"Live free.

Die well..."

I've found that low kicks are the most effective in a street-fight situation. Nothing like a quick shot to the knee or testicles to wake a guy up, eh?

The very highest I'd ever go in that situation would be the stomach, possibly the solar plexus if I was feeling confident.