• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Firstly, theres MANY ways to get out of this hold...

Ripping the thumb off (not literally off his entire hand) with your free hand is one way you could get out of the lock. Or depending on what side/wrist he grabbed you, grabbing the fatty part of the hand (fatty party along side the pinky) and ripping that off could work aswell. This is all without causing too much pain to the person.

If I were in your shoes and I was looking forward to causing pain, i'd pull my arm away as if trying to break out, and as soon as he resists that and pulls back towards him i'd kick strait for his knee dead on. That'll get him off your wrist, simply because he'll be thinking the excrutiating pain in his leg...

-Ray

-Pain Is Weakness Leaving The Body.

-It's Not The Size Of The Dog In The Fight, But The Size Of The Fight In The Dog.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There really are a million ways out of a same-side grab. Cuong Nhu requires that you learn a new one for each promotion (at least in the beginning). My favorite is a soft-style method: leaving your wrist as still as possible, use your shoulder and elbow to rotate your elbow over his arm; drive your elbow down on the inside of his arm, breaking his grip and trapping his hand under your arm. You should be moving in close and have plenty of opportunity to knee him if necessary.

I like this because it doesn't take much strength, and you can make that step in to him look submissive and take him unawares. However, this is difficult on someone much taller than yourself.

The keys to weakening such a grip have already been mentioned: 1) distraction, and 2) get him to pull your hand into his body. Also, feel free to grab his wrist right back to help you maintain your balance while you kick the bleep outta him.

But mostly, stay away from this guy, and file charges if he touches you unprovoked.

White belt mind. Black belt heart.

Rejoice and be glad!

It really depends on the scenario. If you don't really want to hurt him, it may be hard to break the grip. If you don't mind hurting him, there's HEAPS of different options.

One of them... squeeze his thumb so that you push the end of it towards the first knuckle.... he'll let go.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

It sounds to me that you mean.

From a same side wrist grab (in this instance, the grab your left wrist with their right hand)...

Swing your left into the centre to put them off. Then swing it to the right and continue in a circular clockwise motion.

Continue the circle till their elbow is pointing up.

From here, one of the easiest armbars, keep hold of their wrist, hyperflex thier elbow by pressing down on it with your elbow or tricep.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Sounds like the symptoms of over complicating things. You get your wrist grabbed, hit them in the face. 90% of the time, that would get you free, depending on how you hit them of course.

This is good advise, but it won't go with everyone, however. For example, I am a detention officer, and I am really not allowed to strike anyone unless I absolutely must have to so I don't get seriously injured. Therefore, I must learn other alternatives.