• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

has anyone ever seen a show called avatar the last airbender, it is kinda a anime fantasy show, own nickelodean( thats a hard word) here is sorta a summery

a brother and sister find a boy frozen in ice, when thawed out it is found out that he is the avatar the bridge between the spirit and mortal world, and soon to be master of all for bending elements. bending is the ability to manipulate the elements of eather, earth, water, air, and fire using martial arts based techniques( like doing kungfu/wushu forms, that use the elements listed 2 defeat ur opponent.) each element has there own nation, the water tribes, the earth kingdom,the air temples, which have almost been completely destroyed by the evil- fire nation. there is only oneperson who has been taught the techniques of air bending left in the entire world and that is the avatar hince the name the last air bender and he is the only person who can learn all for elements( well three left atleast)and deafeat the evil fire nation which is trying to conquar the world.( the fire nation is much like the nazis in WW2). one of the reasons it so popular is because they use actual techniques and forms from actual kungfu, tai-chi, and quigong forms for the element bending, they actually have real martial arts masters come in to coreagraph the techniques. well has anyone ever seen it.

you must learn different combinations of techniques down to your very soul and they must come without thinking when you finish with one technique, you must immediately go into another until you have attained your goal which is to destroy the enemy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Yes, I have. I've watched probably the last 5-6 episodes and an assorted handful of the ones before that. My younger brothers watch it, so I started watching it with them. It's an enjoyable show.

I don't get nick, so I can't watch it but I've seen the first six episodes or so on a disc that somebody gave me. You can pick up entire seasons for fairly cheap on itunes though.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

• 1 month later...

i love that show!!! hehe...*the little kid in me comes out of hiding*...

it is very acurtate too, they really do consult actual martial artists to assist in the fighting scenes.

"good enough is the enemy of excellence"

Shodan Goju Ryu karate-do under Sensei Gene Villa