• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

help

TheUSPS

Im looking to train in Karate , I have a Dojo on my route and The instructor always tell me if im ready to give it a try. But always tell him my wife does her own number on me already.

But I was in the military for 5 years and since i left I kind of gained a few more pounds, im 33 6'2 205, and latelty I been feeling a little urg to get myself back into shape, I not a GYm person but I believe that training in MA can kind of give me a similair dose of my old bootcamp training

But here is my Drama:

I need my legs to work no legs no work, What should I expect? I have no training in MA.

Also he reqest a contract for a year, Winter season will be the hard for me to make some training sessions due to work Some time I do get out about 7-8 at night in th winter, take's longer walking in the snow and my legs get tired.And told him i woould have to break in the winter when the snow days are heavy.

What does one go thru when attending a 1 week trail? details please.

are there excercises and if so what kind so I can work on those , Do they Toss you around like a bag of potatoes the first day? Thanks You local Mailman

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I doubt they will toss you around the first night! Your first classes should be with beginners like yourself, so don't worry.

My initial soreness when I started tended to be in my abs and my sides, from using new muscles. My legs sometimes hurt from running, but I would think that if you already walk a lot, your legs should be fine. Exercise tend to be bodyweight, like push-ups, sit ups, leg lifts, sometime yoga-type things.

As for the one year contract, that's a tough one. One week to try it out really isn't enough to know if you want to do it for a year, nor is it enough time to know if you like the instructors. That said, the one year contract is very common in my area.

If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him. You must thoroughly research this. - Musashi

In your first class, you can expect to be learning basic hand techniques and some basic kicks, and also some stances. It may seem like slow-going, but you will be putting things together in no time.

You will not likely be thrown around too much, unless you get into Hapkido or Judo or something like that.

The year contract would be ok, if you can get a clause in there that will get you out in case you don't like it. Otherwise, you could opt to just pay him monthly until you think it is right for you.

Many schools and clubs have pretty flexible schedules, and you should be able to make at least a few classes a week. Some classes won't start until later in the evening as well, which could work with your time allotment.

Good luck to you, and I hope you find what you are looking for! :karate:

You will not likely be thrown around too much, unless you get into Hapkido or Judo or something like that.

You probably wouldn't be thrown at all if you went to a judo class, you spend the first couple of months learning how to fall.

I'm okay with the contract I signed. I can't get out of it because I'm tired of it, but I can get out of it if I have a reasonable issue like loosing my job or moving out of the area, and if I have to miss a month or two and I notify him, he'll let me tack those two months to the end of my contract period. You might want to ask about a few scenarios like this before you sign a contract.

An introductory student in our dojo spends most of his class going over basic blocks and strikes taught to him by one of the sempais. I would probably work on flexibility and a little general strength training, but I can't think of anything that would be necessary.

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

You probably wouldn't be thrown at all if you went to a judo class, you spend the first couple of months learning how to fall.

Yeah, good point there.