• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Have a question about Sa Jang

My instructor gave me some homework for next class. I'm supposed to find what makes Tae Geuk Sa Jang different from the first 3 poomse(which are Il Jang, Yee Jang, & Sam Jang)? I've gone over them like, a billion times, I've looked over my notes(I wrote the poomse down in a notebook), and I STILL have NO clue what makes Sa Jang different.

Please help me! I'm desperate!

If you're not laughin', you're not livin'!--Carlos Mencia

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Differences that I notice: It starts with open handed double blocks, instead of single handed blocks, and then advances with open hand strike. The first 5 hand techniques are all open-handed techniques. It also adds sidekicks to the form. Also, in this form, you turn and head back towards the starting position twice, as opposed to just ending the form by heading back once.

Hope this helps from a technical standpoint. I guess this is supposed to be a graceful and powerful form, and you are to use your preserverance to develop this.

The obvious aside (so wonderfully explained by busido_man), the Taegeuk's progress from simple to complex; adding subtlties of movement and technique that the student discovers after many repetitions.

8)

"A Black Belt is only the beginning."

Heidi-A student of the arts

Tae Kwon Do,Shotokan,Ju Jitsu,Modern Arnis

http://the100info.tumblr.com/

I do that system now, and have done the ATA forms in the past. I like the system now, but the ATA was nice, with all the kicks in the forms.