• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Animal styles in your Karate!

Leopard claw

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Did you learn these and use them?

Not directly, but since much of our system has origins in Chinese Gung Fu, and we study Hung Gar at the same school, we are able to view our art with more understanding of the animal style origins than if we did not.

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

My system goes through elemental training, not animal training. But that does sound interesting.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

• 2 months later...

I train a system called Kamite-Ryu Karate-Jutsu. It is rooted in Shorin-Ryu. Anyway all Martial arts of Shuri Origin have Monk fist, and White Crane. Most notably White Crane. If you examine the Kata it is very evident and quite noticable.

My challenge to you is to find the Crane in your favorite kata. So many people claim to know the origin of their art but don't unserstand it.

Let have fun with this. Find the Crane in the Bunkai of your favorite kata. Even Shotokan as changed as their kata are there is still Crane in the Bunkai.

Yours in the Martial Arts

Dwayne T. Krieger Renshi Godan

Mushin - To act with No Mind -- One of the Most important Philosphies in Karate.

From memory,

In Kyokushin we have Neikoashi (Cat), Tsuruashi (Crane), and Garyu (Dragon) stances.

Osu.

"We did not inherit this earth from our parents.

We are borrowing it from our children."