• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Very, very frustrating!

So, I've wanted very much to watch the blackbelt graduation for the juniors of the dojo for about a month now. it's the kind of thing that I think "That was the one of the best days of my life." I guess it was only 4 years ago, but that's a lot to me. I forgot to mark it on my calendar or something to help me remember. So, when I go for the arnis class tonight, I find out that it was cancelled, because the blackbelt graduation just finished! Not only that, but my brother's friend, Erik, was one of the 3 juniors who just graduated! I feel especially connected to him, because he was my brother's best friend for a few years, and his progress in the dojo parallels mine when I was his age.

What probably threw me off was the mid-term elections, because we had off from school yesterday, so my friends and I went out, which is more of a saturday or sunday thing, so today felt like a monday. I'm mainly just disappoited in myself for letting such a simple thing stop me from seeing something I was so intent on. It's just so frustrating!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I know how you feel, I've had days like that. You've just go to roll with it.

The best victory is when the opponent surrenders

of its own accord before there are any actual

hostilities...It is best to win without fighting.

- Sun-tzu

Never mind at least your heart was in the right place and that you wanted to go thats the main thing.

It would be worse if you didnt care at all about your friends grading. Im sure he'll understand we all do stuff like that from time to time. Dont beat your self up over it (thats what sparrings for - sorry bad joke)

carolyn x

It would be worse if you didnt care at all about your friends grading. Im sure he'll understand we all do stuff like that from time to time. Dont beat your self up over it (thats what sparrings for - sorry bad joke)

carolyn x

Carolyn brings up a good point....ou may want to watch yourself in the next few sparring sessions..... :lol: .

Just kidding! All should be well. :)

Things happen but I can understand the frustration. Just roll with it and consider one of lifes many brain farts.

I thought I could smell something.... :lol: :D