• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Thanks Giving

karate carolyn

Thanksgiving is great, the only bad part is how I feel after the big meal.

I echo this sentiment. There is nothing like a nice, long nap after that big meal!!! Man, I always feel so miserable afterwards. But, I love it!!

I remember one year for Thanksgiving, me and a friend of mine were up late watching TV (about 2 AM!). My brothers and I had several friends that my parents pretty much considered step-children....they would often eat meals at our place! Well, anyway, we got hungry at 2 AM, so we went upstairs, grabbed all the leftovers, warmed them up, and had another Thanksgiving meal right there, watching late night TV!!! It was great!

I'm not much of a cook, so I don't do too much of that. Hech it takes me an hour to do minute rice! :P

I hear you there. My wife and I split the duties. She cooks, I eat!! Just kidding, I help with dishes, too.

One thing it's got to one if not the favorite holiday for my dogs! :D

Our sheperd really cleans up at home, too. :D

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, it's good to know I'm not the only one who doesn't like pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving. I was kind of feeling unpatriotic or something. :)

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Sorry for my general ignorance on all things to do with American holidays, but do you guys celebrate Christmas as much as you seem to celebrate Thanksgiving?

Here in the UK the huuuuuuge turkey dinner is the key feature of Christmas Day; I was just wondering if you do the same again for Christmas as you do for Thanksgiving, or if it is more of a low-key holiday? I'm thinking specifically in terms of food, but I'd like to know generally as well.

Thanks! :)

"Was it really worth it? Only time and death may ever tell..." The Beautiful South - The Rose of My Cologne

Sheffield Steelers!

Sorry for my general ignorance on all things to do with American holidays, but do you guys celebrate Christmas as much as you seem to celebrate Thanksgiving?

Here in the UK the huuuuuuge turkey dinner is the key feature of Christmas Day; I was just wondering if you do the same again for Christmas as you do for Thanksgiving, or if it is more of a low-key holiday? I'm thinking specifically in terms of food, but I'd like to know generally as well.

Thanks! :)

Hey there!

Christmas is usually as big a deal for my family as Turkey Day is. I think it is just that Turkey Day comes first. Any time like this where the whole family gets together, is just a great time over all.

During the hollidays, I tend to average about 3 big meals per holliday, and then the leftovers!! :D

Christmas is even bigger than Turkey Day, ususally. Well, foodwise, we go from turkey to usually a ham. Sometimes we stick with the turkey, though. But no, then, rather than all that stuff at Thanksgiving, it's even worse, because of Holiday cookies, fudges, brownies, cakes, pies....whereas Thanksgiving is huge because of the main course, around Christmas it's all those delicious desserts that everybody eats. On top of all that, Christmas has presents!

So, foodwise, turkey day is a bit bigger, but just plain holiday wise, I think Christmas is bigger.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

I had round one of Thanksgiving dinners this last weekend, as my wife's family's had their get together already. My father-in-law deep-fat-fried a turkey (man, was it great!!!!), my wife made mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes (carbs, hooray carbs!), and I also had some stuffing, corn on the cobb, and some apple pie for desert.

Now I am ready for round two, this weekend, at my parents!

Hey, guess what! This weekend is round 2 of my Thanksgiving dinners! I can't wait!!!

Turkey, stuffing, tators and gravy, sweet potatoes, and cake to top it off! Yummy! I am also taking some weapons and shields with me, so me and my brother can work off some of those pounds.

hope you have a wonderful time with you family bushido_man96

and im liking your idea of having two, maybe i could talk my mum into having two Christmas' complete with two lots of presents and food - now theres an idea!!

again have a great time

Carolyn x

Thanksgiving ? Oh heck yeah !! I am healthy so far, laying up watching a game in a nice warm house smellin' of a big ol' spread cookin away. very thankfull im so fortunate !

Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way !

hope you have a wonderful time with you family bushido_man96

and im liking your idea of having two, maybe i could talk my mum into having two Christmas' complete with two lots of presents and food - now theres an idea!!

again have a great time

Carolyn x

Thanks, Carolyn. I did finish off round two this weekend...it was grand!! Turkey, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, gravy, hot rolls, chocolate pie, and chocolate cake.

Has anyone seen Sohan around? I think I need to start some serious training....to burn off the holidays!! :lol: