• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Books that we all are reading

Phantasmatic

On 2002-05-13 08:45, TKD_McGee wrote:

#2. Lame Computer Graphics rather that real looking puppets.

i have to agree that i too prefer puppets over CG. but the CG in the movies nowadays are not that lame either. sometimes, you can't even tell the difference (despite the fact that you KNOW it has to be CG).

the downside of puppets is that the animation is not so realitic. robotics still has a long way to go.

as for CG, my only complaint is not on the CG, but on the actors that have to act with CGs. sometimes it's just not as good..

fortunately, YODA is still a puppet :grin:

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually Ai Hate, sorry to disappoint you but YODA is no longer a puppet but CGI they worked as hard as they could to make him look like the original puppet did when moving, but there is to much action that YODA takes place in for him to remain a puppet, as he fights and more in the movie.

James

I have to say that I am definately impressed with the literacy and the relish than many read with. :up: :up:

I am looking at A Book of Five RIngs again. Some things take many looks to really begin to digest don't they.

On 2002-05-13 14:58, SaiFightsMS wrote:

I have to say that I am definately impressed with the literacy and the relish than many read with. :up: :up:

I am looking at A Book of Five RIngs again. Some things take many looks to really begin to digest don't they.

s'true - I must admit I had The Art of Strategy as my loo book for a while - just the right time to digest a few strategies until the next visit! LOL :blush:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On 2002-05-12 17:01, three60roundhouse wrote:

I am curently reading a book called "Falling Leaves: The Story of an Unwanted Chinese Daughter" - very good...

ive read that very sad but very good

If you liked that one then there's also Watching the Tree, which is supposed to be good, and I think Children of the Swan. I'll check on that second one at work, I'm fairly sure I got the title wrong.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

I have books that I have started & simply have not had the time to read....just about anything by Tom Clancy I like-& Steven King some of his stuff is very good for a late night read. *On the Fight Club book;isn't true that its always better on paper?......I don't think I can recall a single book made into a film where the film was par to the written work--IMHO {of course} :uhoh:

*1st Dan Oct 2004*

"Progress lies not enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be."

"It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not deserve them."

OldRookie have to admit I really enjoyed the Tom Clancy books I have read my favorites were Executive order and Rainbow 6.

Unfortunately I was reading a Clancy book on 9-11 and then the guy shows up in an interview and well... i am kind of off that track for a while.