• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2002-05-15 16:57, OldRookie wrote:

I have books that I have started & simply have not had the time to read....just about anything by Tom Clancy I like-& Steven King some of his stuff is very good for a late night read. *On the Fight Club book;isn't true that its always better on paper?......I don't think I can recall a single book made into a film where the film was par to the written work--IMHO {of course} :uhoh:

On the contrary, I thought that while Fight Club the novel was amazing, the film was equally so. And though they each had different endings, I'm glad the book had its ending and the film had its.

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

On 2002-05-13 09:55, Ai Hate wrote:

another book is "How to program C++" by deitel & deitel.. tis givin me a headache..

Why are you getting a headache from that ? I think it's an excellent book personally. I've heard it's a little harder for people with no previous programming experience to pick up.. But, I found if I read things a couple of times I understood it..

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

• 1 month later...

I've currently got a locked room mystery going. I like a lot of variety in my reading material.

We had a really nice talk in cat chat yesterday about the King/Rice/Simmons/Koontz genre of books.

Working my way through Western Civilization, Vol. 1: Through 1715 by Jackson Spielvogel.

I'm weak on the years of transition between the Roman empire and the Dark Ages and then between the Dark Ages and the Renaissance/Reformation/Enlightenment, so I'm enjoying this.

"If you don't understand weapons, you don't understand fighting. If you don't understand fighting, you don't understand war. If you don't understand war, you don't understand history. If you don't understand history, you are lost."

--Colonel Jeff Cooper, Ret.

* Ignorant Taekwondo beginner.

http://www.thefiringline.com