Phantasmatic

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am curently reading a book called "Falling Leaves: The Story of an Unwanted Chinese Daughter" - very good...

Just finished "American Psycho" - awesome book, a little too gorry.

Also..."Second Chance" by james Patterson is a good one...make sure you read "1st To Die" first!

1st dan Tae Kwon Do

Yellow Belt Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

16 Years Old

Girls kick butt!

I was going to start to read that Mushshi book but I never got to it.

My friend bought that Fight Club book and he said it was soo much better than the movie it was crazy, I might have to read that one as well!!

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

At the moment I'm reading ...

"A World Waiting To Be Born - the search for civility" ... By M.Scott Peck

Great book as are all his works.

YODA

2nd Degree Black Belt : Doce Pares Eskrima https://www.docepares.co.uk

Qualified Instructor : JKD Concepts https://www.jkdc.co.uk

Qualified Fitness Instructor (Weights, CV, Circuit, Kinesiology)

Finish lots of books as I go, read a lot, currently reading one a book that I would highly recommend (as I would recommend every book by the author)

Failing Forward - By John C. Maxwell, one of the leading authorities on leadership, etc. you can apply his principles anywhere, just got to here him live yesterday, he is very good!

Regarding Fight Club (the book), you should be able to find it at most any book store. I found I couldn't say whether the book or film was better. However, the book's ending was different. I liked that the book had its ending and the film had its, and I wouldn't want to give up either being there.

Chris Tessone

Brown Belt, Kuk Sool Won

KG - what did you think of The God of Small Things? I tried 3 times to read it but couldn't get beyond page 30 - kept falling asleep! Should I persevere?

Currently reading an entertaining enough thriller "Dust to Dust" by Tami Hoag, dip into "The art of War/Strategy" by Sun Tsu, and the "Book of 5 Rings". Usually keep a "Dilbert" book beside my bed too, for when I can't sleep and Lord Justice Taylor's report into the Hillsborough football disaster which sounds deathly dull but is fascinating and very well written.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My karma will run over your dogma

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

George Lucas is on crack or something.. it will be impossible in todays world to make a good Star Warz sequel.

#1. Political Correctness

#2. Lame Computer Graphics rather that real looking puppets.

#3. You can't bring back the 80s! Star Wars is a marketing ploy now!

Do unto others, as they done to you.

i've yet to finish the 900 page miyamoto musashi. i've already read a "compact" version of it in thai (about 400 pages). it's amazing how much detail was left out in that "compact ver.".. man.. i wish i knew japanese so i could read the full jap ver.! :grin:

another book is "How to program C++" by deitel & deitel.. tis givin me a headache..

and some other text books.. how i love thee..

hoping that when i finish musashi, i could start "Taiko". it's supposed to be a book bout wars and stuff.. interesting..

and comics and magazines :wink: