• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

VB.NET

Syphax

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I used to program a lot. I took Advance Placement Computer Programming in high school and we learned C++. It sucked because it was all console programming (similar to DOS), so it wasn't really applicable to today's market.

Over the years I've learned QBASIC, C++ and some Java.

I also learned a few coding languages such as HTML, PHP, and some Perl.

I used to program a lot. I took Advance Placement Computer Programming in high school and we learned C++. It sucked because it was all console programming (similar to DOS), so it wasn't really applicable to today's market.

Over the years I've learned QBASIC, C++ and some Java.

I also learned a few coding languages such as HTML, PHP, and some Perl.

Well, you are far ahead of me. :) I just toy around really.

I may have been far ahead of you years ago. I have almost completely forgotten nearly all of those languages.

What programming/coding language do you use? I'm guessing Visual Basic. If you're into making more complex programs I'd suggets C# (I think that is Microsoft's version of C++). It can be pretty powerful.

I have to take another programming class (this time in college) for my major (a Bachelor's in Science in Economics)

Hi

Yeah!! there are people here too that like programming what a forum karate and programming!!

As you guessed i do too, at college at the moment studing software development. I have used VB the last couple of years for coll but now on to java finding it so much easier but then i have always like command prompt interfaces. iv also dabbled a bit with C++. Please believe me tho im not a total geek (well just a little :( )

carolyn x

There's nothing wrong with being a total geek! Anyways, the only Java I've done is Javascript (which is like a weak derivative of Java) and it was okay. I've heard from others that Java is weak and C++ is a lot better, but for some reason Java has been making a splash at schools.

For the programming class I must take I have two options. One is elementary programming which the class description just says that it is a high level language but don't state which one, which leads me to believe it's either C++ or Java. The other class is FORTRAN, which I have been told to avoid like the plague. It looks like I'll be doing the elementary programming. :)

Well at least you get the choice for some reason we get told what languages to use (something to do with the licences (sp?))at my coll.

tbh Java aint to bad but would much prefer to use C++. (just for the sheer fact it took me ages to set a path in java that worked, a couple of hours of my life gone due to missing out quotation marks when saving my file!!!!! Really didnt like java after that :evil: ) )

What is FORTRAN? cant say iv heard much about that one. Hows you college going anyway?

oh and thank you i think from now on i will embrace my geekiness and may even reveal to my friends that i am a closet star wars fan too!!

carolyn x

QBASIC
:D QBASIC was the first programming language I learned. I've learned many over the years, but then I was a Computer Science major in college. Currently I am a web designer/programmer and use a lot of ASP in my work and am learning .NET as we are migrating over to that platform in the near future.

Also, FORTRAN is a programming language developed in the 50's for science and engineering applications. It stands for Mathematical Formula Translating System. BASIC stands for Beginner's All-purpose Symbolic Instruction Code... gotta love the acronyms

10 print "HELLO KARATEFORUMS!"

20 goto 10

:lol:

There's no place like 127.0.0.1