• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Kali without confusion...

niel0092

I heard a neat quote the other day that made me feel much better when training Kali.

"Kali without confusion is like Thai boxing without sweat."

Doesn't really happen does it? :lol:

As much as I learn, there's always still something to trip me up and make me scratch my head in utter confusion. I love it. Train hard folks.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
I like that quote. :karate: And bushidoman, what do you mean everyone doesn't train kali???

:karate: Well, the comment was directed to the martial arts in general. :karate:

• 1 month later...

Corecttion my friend kali is not like a thaiboxing

as a kali instructor here in our country philippines. kali has no high kicks, kickboxing have. thailand martial art have there own style and they called it krabi krabong here the example

Every Day is a lesson

Corecttion my friend kali is not like a thaiboxing

as a kali instructor here in our country philippines. kali has no high kicks, kickboxing have. thailand martial art have there own style and they called it krabi krabong here the example

I think you missed the point. What I'm saying is that in Kali you will be challenged mentally, and that the mental challenge is a large part of kali. While in Thai boxing getting a solid workout and sweating alot is integral to their training. If you are not challenged mentally while doing Kali it might as well not BE Kali, just as if you are not sweating in Thai boxing then you probably aren't really doing thai boxing at all.

No comparison to the various techniques of these styles was made. Both are wonderful and very different arts.

"Jita Kyoei" Mutual Benefit and Welfare