• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

I wish you good fortune. When I was young, my parents always told me, "If you want something bad enough, and are willing to work hard for it, you can accomplish it." I still believe that today.

"It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenius."

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you have a good fight record in local shows its going to be hard to get into the UFC. Best thing is to have a good Mananger. I know UFC fighters who got in and first starting out in the UFC you would be lucky to get 4k to fight. 2k to show and 2k 2 win. So it all depends!

Exciting fights help. Also having a good team to train with. Well known ones is MFS, BTT, ATT and others.

Its a full time job and you really got to be dedicated. Start out with smaller shows as an amauter and build your self up.

First though is preparing. Learning to defend take downs, sprawl defend take downs from the clinch. Learning to strike from the clinch as well as postional escapes and what not. Wreslting, Jiu-JItsu, Boxing and Muay thai are the main arts in the UFC. You do have others who do judo and sambo also. Hey even George St. Peirre and David Louisue (sp?) are TKD black belts. Both have done a really nice spinning back kick on there opponents.

Hey even George St. Peirre and David Louisue (sp?) are TKD black belts. Both have done a really nice spinning back kick on there opponents.

I could have sworn that St. Pierre at least was a Kyokushin black belt, you're probably thinking of stephan bonnar as being the TKD black belt, I'm pretty sure he is, next time I see him at training I'll ask. But I digress, I know I've seen St. Pierre walking out w/ a kyokushin gi and black belt on, so he's def. a Kyokushinkai BB, but is he also TKD?

well not strickly taekwondo. It is mixe martial arts after all. lol!

Him and david train together, so I assumed they got there black belts together as far TKD goes. I know david annouced on UFC after his fight about his kick on Chainsaw mcCarthy that he is a TKD black belt.

well not strickly taekwondo. It is mixe martial arts after all. lol!

Him and david train together, so I assumed they got there black belts together as far TKD goes. I know david annouced on UFC after his fight about his kick on Chainsaw mcCarthy that he is a TKD black belt.

Yeah, I know you have to be well versed in stand-up and ground fighting in MMA competitions. But usually, it is a mix of Thai, BJJ, or wrestling or judo and boxing, or things like that. I think it is kind of cool that TKD was used by these guys as their base stand-up style. Although, I am sure they have done some boxing and Thai as well.