• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

:karate:

My brother and I are testing for our 1st Degree Brown Belts (last belt before Black in our system) on Saturday!!! Belt tests, of course, are always difficult, especially 1st brown tests. This test, however, is going to be particularly large, and there are a lot of adult students testing. Of course, I'm confident in my technique, but when it comes to a 5'2 100lb. girl trying to do a take-down on a 6' 200 lb man.....it's a bit difficult. In a real-life situation I could use any kind of strikes to disable my opponent, but we go for safety in testing and in class.

With that said, WISH ME LUCK!!!!

I think I'll need all I can get :dead:

1st dan & Asst. Instructor TKD 2000-2003

No matter the tune...if you can rock it, rock it hard.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I wish you guys the most luck in the world, If you get this you surpass me!!! GL

"Which one is more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?" - Obi Wan Kenobi

You will be fine just relax and give it your all.

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

Best of Luck to you monkeygirl! (and bro') :wink: I have a feeling you'll do just fine! :up:

Hey monkeygirl ... could you please tell us more about your grading system :???:

... I am interested in hearing just what your "modern American TKD" (is it ATA?) school is all about .... what hyungs/forms .... sparring .... belt system and requirements to advance.

Good luck, monkeygirl! Concentrate all of those years of training into getting that belt and give it your all, I'm sure you'll do fine.

I'm going for my next belt on the 18th... and for the first time in 6 months the underside of my big toe has decided to have some flappy dead skin. It better grow back by grading time! :mad:

Jack

Currently 'off' from formal MA training

KarateForums.com

On 2002-05-10 00:28, Jack wrote:

I'm going for my next belt on the 18th

what a coincidence.. i'm having my test on the 18th too :wink: it just happens that my overall health is going down down down.. food poisoning, heaaches, fevers.. :sad:

good luck, monkey girl. but with all those years of training, you probably won't need it :grin: