• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dating "in-school"

We're just told to keep it out of class. It took two months before most of the people in my class actually found out that my fiance was training there, and that was only because a friend of mine told them.

---------

Pil Sung

Jimmy B

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your fiance lurking on the boards somewhere that we don't know about ?

It takes sacrifice to be the best.

There are always two choices, two paths to take. One is easy. And its only reward is that it's easy.

How the hell do you guys have enough time to start a relationship in a dojang? What ever happened to training? If we were talking then we had to much energy an had to burn it off with some more sparring. A few months of bloody noses tought us two things, how to guard the head and not to talk. :dead:

Semper Fi

Well, we both pretty much lived there. During the day spent 8 hours a day there. Not only training but watching little kids. We went on field trips and hung out there, etc etc, yadda yadda. Plus you know, we do talk away from the karate school. Online and on the phone. Go see each other. haha, I'm finding out that where I work is just as bad for soap operas

cho dan TSD

"Every second that you are not training, someone somewhere is training to kick your butt"- Kyo Sa Lyle (my instructor)

"Where we going in 5 months?!?!?!" "Cali!!"

-Spring Break '04

"Life begins at 130 mph".

• 1 month later...

About seven years ago:

She: Redently separated, similar interests (Karate, Biology, etc...).

ME: Recently out of Army, new to area, etc...

two months later: Sghe is back with hubby, I'm invloved with someone else, and we try to avoid being in the same classes. Definitely NOT worth it!

Now: Assistant instructor at a University club.

She: Cute 18 y.o.

ME: not as cute 35 y.o. Chemistry? Yes. Action? NO!!!

There have always been Starkadders at Cold Comfort Farm!

This guy I liked in class was sparring with me. I kicked him in the groin and he was SUPPOSED to be wearing a cup but I guess he wasnt because I distinctly remember him rolling on the ground while my instructors laughed and I blushed. A little off topic, I know, but honestly... I was soo embarrased!

You're only young once; you can be immature forever.

Well, I had this girl I liked holding one of those rebreakable boards for me. I was doing a ridge hand strike, never tried it so the board wasnt all that big. Well I came around and went through the board like butter, and nailed her in the chest. It knocked her back and everything. I hate it when our instructor says to only use hands to the body while sparring a girl. Because they automatically cover their stomach but nothing higher, daring you to hit them. :nod:

cho dan TSD

"Every second that you are not training, someone somewhere is training to kick your butt"- Kyo Sa Lyle (my instructor)

"Where we going in 5 months?!?!?!" "Cali!!"

-Spring Break '04

"Life begins at 130 mph".

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to bring this back again.

I've heard this many times.. Dont date girls from the Dojo.. Don't date girls from your classroom... don't date girls from your work... don't date your students.. don't date your best friends sisters...don't date your next door neighboor... etc.. etc..

so Which girl im allowed to date then??.. lol Look you don't know which is the person who'll become the love of your life. you husband/wife who'll be with you until death.

The only way to know it is by go ahead and try. You just need to be carefull and mature on what you are going to do.

But we just can't keep saying NO to everything just because we need to handle it in a more carefull way.

Besides, if you trully like the person and the person likes you back. you'll send Hell everything and you'll date her or him lol :lol: Love is something really tricky.