• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Dating "in-school"

I feel really embarrassed about that post - shouldnt really have brought my personal life into this thread. Was venting!!

Many apologies.

Hey, no worries!! :)

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I can only find it ironic that this thread continues long after the romance has ended. After all, this was in the school I go to.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know about it, I've been there before once. It's really easy to mess up a relationship between families that way as well, because both of our families all took karate, but luckily in our case nothing bad happened when we broke up. It was great while it lasted and I like seeing so many masters in our federation who ended up marrying others that took karate with them. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. The Weird thing is going out with someone that does karate is that they are so much like you and you find out you have so much more in common.

"God gave us elbows for two reasons. Drinking beer and smashing ribs."

-Frank Konecky

This is the way I look at it: you can't keep people from having feelings for each other, so why bother standing in their way? Leave that to the fathers....I know how I will deal with it! :lol:

• 1 month later...

My wife doesn't care for martial arts at all, so I never would have met her there. But my divorced sensei met and dated his divorced student, and now they own a dojo together and both teach. Very cool.

Only as good as I make myself be, only as bad as I let myself be.

Martial arts are like kinetic chess. Your move.

• 3 weeks later...

My fiance and I constantly get asked why our relationship is so good...

I always say most important is a good sense of humor and at least 4 hours a week to beat the crap out of each other :)

Also sharing hobbies is fun and helps us have similar goals and values ;)

You suck-train harder.......................Don't block with your face

A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.

-Lao Tzu