Dating "in-school"

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... Ur weird. :P J/K. I'm straight, so there's no need to have to "move" to guys.. I'm there!

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

Here's my comments after reading through the whole thread...

As an instructor, I actually can't believe that there are other nstructors who try to control who is dating, in their school or not...it really isn't up to you, and whether you want them to or not, they'll date if they really want to.

As for me...if it's my students and they're kids...well then it's really up to the parents to handle it. If the parents ask me to step in and say something, I will, but nothing that's either an official sanction or condemnation, just a little speech making them aware of the situation. In the end though, it's in the hands of the parents, where it should be.

For adults...they're adults. They should be smart enough to make their own decisions about who to date.

However, kid or adult...don't bring issues into my dojang. I don't care if you date, but if you have problems with one another outside the school, you either keep them outside, or you GO outside.

Same applies with P.D.A. It doesn't bother me in public...but the dojang isn't public. It can be distracting, and if you can't keep it outside, GO outside.

As long as they can conduct themselves professionally in the dojang, I don't care who they date.

As for people who don't understand how these relationships start in a dojang...they don't, really. It's natural for people with common interests to become friends and associate outside the dojang. I actually encourage it.

Sometimes a frienship can naturally progress to a relationship, and who am I to fight nature?

The relationships actually happen outside the school, not in it.

From personal experience, the best relationship I have ever had formed with a girl I met in college, in the dojang.

We started as friends, and it grew from there.

Several years later, we are now married and run our own dojang together.

(and we're actually not the first couple from that college club to have done so, I think we're the 4th)

We fully intend to live happily ever after.

So....what's wrong with that?

What about the person that is really busy with the job and kids and one of the only social places this person gets to go is the martial arts class. If that person does not date people from the class, that person may never be able to find a date. OK. This person is me. I think, at this point, I'll take my chances. I think I'm big enough to handle a break up and if she is not, she can leave.

Well said TangSooGuy. I agree with what you say. As long as they don't start making out in the School and distract everyone.

Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with dating!!! (unless you just don't want to, like me).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
from your karate school. Pretty soon you have a whole school full of ex's.

hahahahahaha! :lol: i know someone who has that problem. :P

DORKS HAVE MORE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Savvy?

I'm one of two teenage girls in my dojo. There's about 3 teenage boys. One of them is like my brother, the other one is an arrogant jerk, and the other one is a very scary high ranking person. No chance of me ever having a problem.

He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful Lao-tsu

my last girlfriend i met her at kickboxing. when i met her at first i thought she was hot and was gonna move it but found out she had a bf but what i didnt knwo is that she liked me 2. it took a year b4 we started going out and it was cool. we tried to hide it from every1 but we got caught kissing by my sensei whhen we thought we were being sly down some back road lol every1 in the class was cool about it and my sensei used to always crack jokes about us to. but when we did spilt up she didnt come back to kickboxing any more and she had been there long before i started. i said to my sensei that it will be weird (when i didnt know that she wasnt gona come back) but im big enough to deal with it. looks like she wasnt. the only thing that i really feel bad 4 is my sensei i no he dont really care but its my fault that he has one less student. get me?

oh well.......

Strive to Become The Type Of Person That Others Do Not Normally Encounter In This World

I would love it if everyone i spoke to or met throughout my life would benefit from being with or speaking to me. - Life goal

I See The Sunshine But Their's A Storm Holding Me Back.