• 3 months later...
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Sensai doesn't allow anybody to inner-school date. I don't know what his policy on maybe a date just for fun or if a boyfriend/girlfriend join. But overall, if we are caught dating another student, we can't keep coming to the dojo.

Seito Shito-Ryu - 3rd Kyu (1st Brown)

Japanese Sword - 7th Kyu (White Belt)

Earned my 1st Degree Black in American Kenpo

~Sensai Patient is my Sensai!~

My Sensai doesn't allow anybody to inner-school date. I don't know what his policy on maybe a date just for fun or if a boyfriend/girlfriend join. But overall, if we are caught dating another student, we can't keep coming to the dojo.

That's fairly controlling. It's his school and therefore his rules go, but I think I would have problems with someone that wants to exert that much control over their students' lives.

Tokonkai Karate-do Instructor

http://www.karateresource.com

Kata, Bunkai, Articles, Reviews, History, Uncovering the Myths, Discussion Forum

Perhaps he's just trying to prevent awkwardness or even a student leaving because he/she can't stand to be around the ex.

But...

if we are caught dating another student, we can't keep coming to the dojo.

...students have to leave anyway! I don't really understand this. ERPMISTER, do you think you could ask your sensei about this?

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

"Circumstances make me who I am."

I won't date a chick from my Kung Fu school, not because I am morally against it or I think it's wrong, nor am I worried about internal politics.

I just simply dislike relationships. I'm 17 for Christ's sake!!! I should be hitting lots of different girls, not sticking to just one. That's for when I'm about 26.

Also, I want to SERIOUSLY focus upon my training. I want to be the best, and that takes dedication. You don't fool around if you want to be the best, at least at your school.

I spend all my time conditioning, sparring, shadowboxing, weightlifting, doing forms, etc. Besides that, work, school, and homework. I barely even have time for movies anymore.

It's the focus and my intention that keeps my going, because I know that with effort comes success.

It's great that you're so dedicated, Infrazael. Congratulations. Right now, I'm sorting things out to get to that level in my life.

I agree with not fooling around in order to keep focus. As for hittin' girls... :o :roll: Oh, my! (Yes, I know what that means)

Kool Kiais: ICE! DIE! KITES! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHHH! KIAI!

"Know Thyself"

Dude, there's always Raves and parties you can go to to get chicks.

It's not that hard. It's the relationship part that puts me off. WAAAAYYYYY too much time and energy spent.

Better spend perfection my Kung Fu.

I agree. And it's dudette, by the way. :D

"Know Thyself"

LOL. I was just kidding. I tried to make a pun about actually hitting girls, but it didn't work. :P

"Know Thyself"