• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Wow! I just saw Mike 'Quick' Swick beat the 'Diesel' with a gillotine in about 1 min. & Josh Koshcheck beat Chelangoff w/ a rear naked choke in 3&1/2 min. Excellent fights. I was surprised that the 'Diesel' lost so quickly. I'm going back to see the next fight. WOW! Vera just beat Silva w/ a guillotine! They all happened so fast. Hey here comes BJ & St. Pierre. I hope you guys are watching. Good stuff.

Thanks,

Sensei Tom

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Wow! I just saw Mike 'Quick' Swick beat the 'Diesel' with a gillotine in about 1 min. & Josh Koshcheck beat Chelangoff w/ a rear naked choke in 3&1/2 min. Excellent fights. I was surprised that the 'Diesel' lost so quickly. I'm going back to see the next fight. WOW! Vera just beat Silva w/ a guillotine! They all happened so fast. Hey here comes BJ & St. Pierre. I hope you guys are watching. Good stuff.

Thanks,

Sensei Tom

Um, Tom, the Swick/Riggs and BJ Penn/GSP fights took place in May 2006, and March 2006, respectively. Unless I'm missing something here, you seem to be reporting on them as if you were watching them live.

They were very entertaining fights, though...

With respect,

Sohan

"If I cannot become one of extraordinary accomplishment, I will not walk the earth." Zen Master Nakahara Nantenbo

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action." Samuarai maxim

"Knowing others is wisdom; knowing yourself is Enlightenment." Lao-Tzu

Sohan,

You are so right they were old fights. I probably saw all of them before. When I see good fights I do get excited about them and for the moment I forgot they were re-runs. I apologize to anyone who thought these were live. Just a crazy old martial artist getting into it like it was real time. See these are some of the reasons my wife calls me a 'maniac'.

Thanks for keepin it real. The real action is coming 11/11 when Patrick Cote fights Travis Lutter.

Sensei Tom

• 2 weeks later...

riggs has hard punching power. Just needs more experience though and really good training partners to do better. He has gone from a heavy weight all the way down to a welter weight. Riggs was over 300 lbs. So he is definety an inspiration in weight loss.

I can't believe that Penn vs. St. Pierre fight. I know they are old fights but I still don't see how penn lost. He bloodied up and messed up st. Pierre but lost.

If Penn goes againt either one again I believe he will beat both matt and st. Pierre. His striking and ground skills are better then both Hughes and st. Pierre.

Just my opinion

• 4 weeks later...
Is UFC a regular fixture on your tv in the states ?

We have a channel that will rerun older fights, and it also runs a yearly reality series called The Ultimate Fighter.