• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

sometimes i will backfist to the head and follow with a side kick to the solar pexus or stomach. I slide my back leg up with the backfist, and they usually move just out of way and raise hands for backfist - allowing me to land the kick.

sometimes i prefer to draw a punch to a particular target instead of faking the opponent. This forces the opponent to attack exactly where you are expecting it.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ti-Kwon-Leap, who in there right mind is letting you get behind them without touching them? Have you pulled this technique off while sparring? If so what kind of stance was the person(sucker) in?

Rock Paper Scissor

Punch Knee Kick

^ME^ ^MY DOJO^

Leaf I have ran into the same problem. Elbows do a world of pain when you block with them.

I am always more active with my hands so when that starts i add the jab as fake. to keep their arm up so the elbow can't block. It can but if it does the jab is open. The simplest way to get both the jab and kick blocked is to flip the arm. When you run into people who use leg blocks well its gets more difficult LOL....

(General George S. Patton Jr.) "It's the unconquerable soul of man, and not the nature of the weapon he uses, that ensures victory."

:evil:

Since I am new to this forum, and was NEVER previously banned(admin has me confused with someone else obviously), I will restate what I posted. Here was my previous reply:

Hey guys,

Broken rythem is the best way to throw fakes. The idea is to get your opponant to "flinch", and then move on him/her before they can reset. The greatest sport karate fighters in the world all utilize broken rythem.

cya

WhiteShark: Yes, I have pulled this technique off in sparring.

It works when someone throws a rear leg roundhouse (for instance) and you simultaneously throw a fake low frontkick (or something similarly fast as you vault forward (ready to block any hand techniques) and bingo you are basically standing behind them.

I wouldn't call the person I use it on "sucker" either. It's a carefully orchestrated move that takes advantage of an opponents momentum.

Yes you have to be fast to pull it off, and yes it is a bold move but it works. (you'll just have to trust me) :wink:

It even works when someone stomps forward in an effort to startle you because they are trying to get you to throw a move they can counter.

Think of it like bumrushing a person with a slow turning back kick.

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"

Man, I like this "strategies/tactics" thread. Thanks to the Admins for this one. I'm learning a lot.

Anyways, I do TKD. But I suck at TKD sparring. I'm used to TSD (where punches to the head, backfists, ridge hands, ect is allowed). I was talking with one of the black belts in our school, who is so good at sparring. He told me his thing is fakes. He said he almost never punches, but no one can get near him. A lot of advice here is great. I would use all of it in TSD style sparring. But it doesn't help in TKD sparring. Does anyone have good fakes .... mostly kick combos/fakes (TKD style)? This is only for sparring class, not tournies (I don't compete much). Thanks in advance.

Laurie F

1. NEVER RETREAT IN A STRAIGHT LINE!

2. NEVER STAND STILL.

3. ALWAYS REDIRECT AN ATACK.

4. ALWAYS STYMIE HIS BEST WEAPONS.

5. ALWAYS PUT YOUR OPPONENT WHERE YOU WANT HIM.

a few combinations:

1. REAR LEG ROUNDHOUSE, STEP BACK, REAR LEG ROUNDHOUSE.

2. BACK LEG BACK KICK, BACK LEG ROUNDHOUSE.

2A. BACK LEG BACK KICK, ROUNDHOUSE, SPIN BACK KICK.

3. ROUNDHOUSE, SPINNING HOOK KICK.

4. AX, ROUNDHOUSE...SLIDE BACKLEG FWD, AX W FRONT LEG.

5. BACK LEG ROUNDHOUSE, SAME LEG ROUNDHOUSE.

6. FRONT LEG DOUBLE: SIDE/ROUND.

7. COUNTER BACK LEG ROUNDHOUSE -W- SPINBACK.

8. COUNTER AX -W- SPINBACK.

9. ROUNDHOUSES MOVING BACKWARD.

Just about any technique can be used as a fake as long as it is done convincingly enough to make your opponent flinch/block.

Another widely used TKD fake is to lurch forward to draw an attack then sidestep/parry and launch a counter attack.

I don't fake much. I just try to hit them before they can react and then let them tire out trying to retaliate. Mobility is my thing. Work off your strengths but train your weaknesses. Good luck kid :wink:

Ti-Kwon-Leap

"Annoying the ignorant since 1961"