Tired of Slick Salesmen in Taekwondo

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't work out. She's a teenager, and although she is very good technically, she still needs the motivation of group classes to keep working at it. These days I train mostly Uechi and Goju kata anyway, not TKD, and kata can be boring to the younger set who are looking for interaction with classmates.

• 2 weeks later...

i understand your frustration with salesmen, i manage a WTF Tae Kwon Do school in florida. and we charge $79 a month for tuition and 99 per testing, but our testing is a large event, it envolves a day where you bring your family to watch your testing on a saturday. but we are the best, that why we charge so much. i mean yes, some schools really do an injustice to the martial arts with there instructors and belts, but i have done martial arts my whole life and i instruct and manage a school, and i am 18, and i will tell you here and now, i am the best martial arts training you will find in my area. also, you aren't paying for something out of a book, you are paying for me to teach your child what i have studied and practiced since i was four. and its not just TKD that does that, there are other schools to, but its all comes down to, is the price you ask worth the training you provide, and if it is, then there should be no problem in asking a high price. that how i look at it.

-scad

nomatter what it be, will power and heart produces great things

I think most people have a hard time choosing another place to train when they have previous training.

Just Keep looking for a place in Austin. I'm sure there has to be at least one place out there in austin that is good enough for her.

For kids, there has to be a balance of fun while training in class.

I do Kung Fu dodge ball about once every other month.

Since she is a teenager, my above statement does not apply.

Maybe, pick the one you liked the most (or disliked the least) so far.

Ask them to place her with adult class.

I have moved some of my younger teenagers with the adults because they showed a good level of maturity to handle adult material.

Then while she is training you can keep looking for another place for her, because Its better to train than to not train.

Good Luck

Let us know when you find a place.

Fear does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!

Pain does not exist in this Dojo, does it! No Sensai!!!