• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

How do you prepare for a fight..?

kilogreen

I've found it usually works best for me if I just space out.

I think that this can work extremely well, especially if you have trained yourself to back it up. It is like the no-mind principle. If you have trained yourself to perform your combinations and counters well, and you can recognize the telegraph movements in an opponent, then when you 'space out' like this, instead of thinking, you will just 'read' everything, and react with what you need to.

However, I still think that the drilling and preparation is the key to making this work.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • 2 weeks later...

I crack my knuckles lol :P Just one of those nervous things i guess. But the thing ive found best in preparing is to loosen up, breathe and place alot of faith in my instincts. Mind you, my number of losses greatly outnumbers my victories.

First there was darkness, and then there was light, then i was created, and only darkness followed.

I crack my knuckles lol :P Just one of those nervous things i guess. But the thing ive found best in preparing is to loosen up, breathe and place alot of faith in my instincts. Mind you, my number of losses greatly outnumbers my victories.

I have been told that "losses build character." :P

for point sparring, i usually talk to everyone in my division... this easily lets me know whos confidant and whos not... i then, yes u may call it cheating but its what i do, try and go up against an unconfidant person in the first round... this allows me to look at the confidant people and see what will be required to win against them... then i go into the fight and forget everything i had noticed and just fight, while adapting to what gets and doesnt get points... i know i dont use the gathered info but i go through the routine anyways everytime

Brown belt... win trophies... grade... lose trophies... so much fun