• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

School fights

You should read "Ender's Game" good manual for dangerous schools, or just a good read anyway.

If you fight, fight to win and destruy the will to fight. Otherwise you'll fight the same fight over and over again.

There is no teacher but the enemy.

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone who thinks schools are safe these days is WAY OUT OF DATE! Schools these days are generally the greatest centre for violence there is. This is not because they are poorly managed or anything like that, it's just a casualty of the situation. You have hundreds of kids, growing up, trying to prove themselves and find their place in society and then you put them in a 500m border and things are gonna happen.

First and foremost, one should excersize their right to safety. This includes defending ones self. Regardless of what the "rules" are.

The reason schools have the rules they do is not so you can't defend yourself, it's just that when people are faced with disciplinry action, they often lie to get out of it. Therefore, the school never really knows who started it. They can't let it go on without punishing anyone, so the only option they have is to consistantly punish both parties.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Sadly as recent headlines indicate, often it is not students who are a danger to each other. Students are often in fact victimized by adults in authority or even outsiders who don't belong there in the first place. More security and even more unrealistic policies are no solution. Communication between the student and parent is more crucial than ever in these turbulent times. And of course being an adept in a martial art is helpful as well. :)

"Without Ki, without Kime, there is no true Karate"

In today's society with all the school violence I personally feel it is a good move on the schools part. True those that only defended themselves are getting the short end of the stick but lets face it school fights are no longer playground scuffles. People are ending up in the hospital or worse as a result of them nowadays. Reality is though very sad schools are more dangerous now than ever before. Preventive measures must be taken for everyones safety.

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

With all do respect, if you think schools are not as dangerous as the so called "streets" you might want to think again. One only needs to scan news headlines or have a son/daughter in school to realize that. Many of today's "schools" are as much if not more of a killing field than a dangerous dark alley in the "street".

I don't agree that schools are safe, but this perhaps is an over-statement. I may not be an expert, but when I went to highschool (just a year ago) the school was not a killing field of any sort. Nobody in my school died, sure maybe a fight here and there but not much.

Be like water

-Bruce Lee

In response to the original poster:

I'm in highschool now, Sophomore, I live in a pretty rough neighborhood. There's at least 2 minimum fights a day because of the arrogance of people. Sad to say, Authorities don't even take action. The teachers can't stop it because the school won't allow them in case they get hit on accident they could sue. So it takes like 10 minutes to call the cops, which by that time the fight is usually over. I've been in a few fights, and I gotta say my Maritial Arts training has really saved me. Just a tip, but If you're ever in a school fight (or any fight) with an unexperienced fighter, keep your arms up because theyusually go with a flurry of haymakers which can take anyone out if they aren't careful. (Low kicks work for me)

A New Age Dawns

With all do respect, if you think schools are not as dangerous as the so called "streets" you might want to think again. One only needs to scan news headlines or have a son/daughter in school to realize that. Many of today's "schools" are as much if not more of a killing field than a dangerous dark alley in the "street".

I don't agree that schools are safe, but this perhaps is an over-statement. I may not be an expert, but when I went to highschool (just a year ago) the school was not a killing field of any sort. Nobody in my school died, sure maybe a fight here and there but not much.

What type of neighborhood was your High School in? Surburban or Urban? How strict was the school policies?

Brandon Fisher

Seijitsu Shin Do

First of all, the legality of fighting at school makes the situation more complicated. As was posted before in this thread, if you are attacked in a public school and you fight back, you will be punished. And, depending on where you live, you may not fare too well in court. When I was a freshman, I was attacked at school by a guy who was just not having a good day. I did not strike back, but only blocked his attacks, because I decided he was not threatening my well-being in a classroom. Thank goodness I did. It turns out that if I had hit him, with martial arts training, I would have probably gone to a correctional facility. It is just the way it is.

However, if someone attacks you, regardless of where you are, and they are imposing a serious threat on your well-being then by all means, do what is necessary to protect yourself. Block the attack, quickly disable them, and get out of that area.

Sorry, to hijack the thread, but I gotta ask.

How does the American schooling system work? We hear terms like Sophmore and Freshman all the time but we have no idea how they work.

Here in Oz, it works like this...

Junior Primary - year 1-3

Primary - Year 4-7

High School - year 8-12

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.