• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Karate

MA-Furious

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Depends how detailed you want to look. Do a search... there's heaps of topics on this...

Generally speaking though, they are much the same. TKD is Korean and uses Korean commands. They have different forms and the techniques will vary somewhat. TKD tends to have more concentration on kicks.

Best bet though... search button.

The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

TKD has some roots in Shotokan karate, as a matter of fact. However, in order to differentiate, they elaborated on the kicking, and it became more dynamic. There are differences between ITF and WTF TKD, and a search will help with that.

• 1 month later...
what is the differences between karate and tae kwon doe?

Lets help this guy out. i'll start with it simply.

1. Japan (karate) and Korea (TKD)

Good start ,TKD was the korean answer to Japanese Karate .these two nations were not the best of friends !

never give up !

In practice, they're quite different though. Difficult to describe. TKD is bouncier and kickier, karate is punchier and less flashy.

Depends which type of TKD. ITF is pretty close to Shotokan, but WTF does seem focus on kicks more.

In practice, they're quite different though. Difficult to describe. TKD is bouncier and kickier, karate is punchier and less flashy.

Depends which type of TKD. ITF is pretty close to Shotokan, but WTF does seem focus on kicks more.

Superficially, but the way that the same moves are perfomed and the methods of generating power are different. It's really difficult to describe without just saying "watch a class of each and you'll get what I mean!" :D

But I've been looking at a book on TKD, and some of the kicking techniques are very similar (in fact almost indistinguishable) from Wado Ryu, except perhaps that in TKD they are higher. Other kicks are very different in their technique.

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)

But I've been looking at a book on TKD, and some of the kicking techniques are very similar (in fact almost indistinguishable) from Wado Ryu, except perhaps that in TKD they are higher. Other kicks are very different in their technique.

"They can because they think they can." - School Motto.

(Shodan 11th Oct 08)